Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 976 tuna trip 7/1/07 report spitfire 3/4 day

Default 976 tuna trip 7/1/07 report spitfire 3/4 day

alright heres my report:

got my payment confirmation email from 976 tuna and it also stated that we would be fishing for yellowtails and wsb's. i think they forgot that they said that. total fish count on the boat was a whopping 15 fish (all calicos)for 30 anglers. :shock: not a single yt or wsb on the boat. not even bites from those guys. the last stop we made was where all the fish were caught. right before we pulled up anchor a HUGE school of yt's showed up (50+ fish) irons started flyin'(empty bait tanks) but as soon as they irons hit the water the fish gave us the finger :finger: and split. all i caught was a sunburn

:skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk:

Forgot something- Jackpot winning fish was a 3lb calico :bang: WTF!!!!!

Hey, thanks for the report. I am new to Cali. and don't know anything about fishing the big blue, but now I know who not to go with. Any suggestions for a newbee?

Default Re: 976 tuna trip 7/1/07 report spitfire 3/4 day

Quote Originally Posted by hartattack13
    alright heres my report:

got my payment confirmation email from 976 tuna and it also stated that we would be fishing for yellowtails and wsb's. i think they forgot that they said that. total fish count on the boat was a whopping 15 fish (all calicos)for 30 anglers. :shock: not a single yt or wsb on the boat. not even bites from those guys. the last stop we made was where all the fish were caught. right before we pulled up anchor a HUGE school of yt's showed up (50+ fish) irons started flyin'(empty bait tanks) but as soon as they irons hit the water the fish gave us the finger :finger: and split. all i caught was a sunburn

:skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk:
    Sorry man, I totally feel your pain. I was out for YT and WSB this wknd as well and got nothing.

Now I want sweet vengeance! :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by out of line
    Hey, thanks for the report. I am new to Cali. and don't know anything about fishing the big blue, but now I know who not to go with. Any suggestions for a newbee?
    yeah dont let yourself get to frustrated cuz there are way more good days than bad ones. :wink:

hey jplee when you goin out again and where to? let me know maybe we can hook up.

sorry bout the skunk man. i was out this weekend too. on an overnighter on the liberty. the yt were WO for about 20 mins but i didnt manage to Land any. all i cought were some short calicos, 1 keeper, and a handfull of perch. i need to get out there again soon.

Sorry to hear about the less than stellar fish catching day....I have always liked the Spitfire, although I have never fished w/the976 crew. The only thing I can say is Catalina is usually a zoo on the weekend and puts quite a bit of pressure on the exotics,you have to take into account that all the overnight boats get first shot at the prime spots. The other thing is we just had a full moon Saturday, don't know about you guys but I have never had a "great catching" day on the water just after the full moon for whatever reason. I usually wait until until at least 4 days aftyer the full moon before fishing salt if at all possible....think I'm going on the Spitfire Wednesday morning, hopefully I will have a good report for you. Good luck out there and keep casting!

TD

no complaints about the crew on the spitfire at all, not sure if the capitain got the memo about the yt's and wsb though, he kept parking the boat on rocks and reefs, i thought i was on the wrong boat for a while.

Hi hartattack13,

Sorry to hear about the trips' catching results. You hit Catalina is my guess. How was the fishing. Squid or finbait?

Again thanks for reporting ..... even a tough trip!

JapanRon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast