Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Back from Heart Valve Surgery

Default Back from Heart Valve Surgery

Well I had the surgery on Tuesday and got home on Saturday. I chose the pig tissue instead of a mechanical so I would not have to go on Coumadin--Of course that decision means I will have to have open heart surgery again in 12-20 years. I am banking that in that amount of time perhaps it won't be so invasive and not have to crack open the rib cage again...But if not--well I have recovered pretty good. Good thing I work out of my house--I can do some calls or emails and then go take a nap. Today I have really hit the wall, but then perhaps I overdid it with the 1-1/2 mile walk I took in the morning. They say to work up to TWO 1/2 hour walks.
    I got the Winter issue of FISH TACO CHRONICLES done before I went in and will go in the mail this week. All you subscribers be on the lookout for it.
    shawn

glad you are recovering well fishtaco, take it careful with the exercise, work up to it lol......you made a good decision and am glad you are on the mend. I am not a subscriber to your mag, but looks like I should be. Glad to hear you are doing well.......OFG

cutbait Guest

Great to hear your doing well. Man, take care of yourself. Don't overdue it. Work can wait.

Where did you have it done at?

kaiser LA/Hollywood. So far I say they did a great job. I have heard it takes about 3 months to go back to feeling like normal...I guess I have 11 weeks to go

Good to hear! Good to hear!

Sounds like you'll be stalking trout again before the season is even over!

Looking forward to the winter issue.

Glad to hear you're making a successful recovery so far. My sister had a heart transplant a few years ago at Loma Linda.

I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. Just out of curiousity, how old are you and how long did you have to stay in the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. Just out of curiousity, how old are you and how long did you have to stay in the hospital?
    I am 51 went in the hospital on Tuesday the 3rd and came home Sat the 7th.