Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legg Lake in South El Monte

Default Legg Lake in South El Monte

A friend who works at Jeff's Sporting Goods told me that he caught many largemouth bass in the Legg Lake so i decided to check it out.
    The Lake is located in El Monte/South El Monte (San Gabriel Valley area).Just right off the 60 Freeway (Rosemead BLVD exit).
    I am racist but here are what i think, and other people in other fishing forum think about fishing in this lake.
    Here in the Legg Lake,there are many Hispanic people that are trashing the park. The lake is super dirty. The park is full of dog poo on the ground. Feathers from the herd of goose and duck are everywhere. Watch out your step.
    People keep throwing trash on ground. There are many trash bin around the lake but I noticed that they are not used at all.
    Talking about fishing,seriously,fishing is so bad here. I used lure,death bait,swimbait..etc,whatever bait that exists on the sporting good store, I used all but nothing.
    I went to the office of the lake to see if the lake is stocked by DFG or not but the answer from the officer is "you need to contact them,i do not know about that".
    So in my opinion, people please stop trashing the lake.If you want to take your family to getaway from stresses, go somewhere else. If you want to go fishing for fish, go somewhere else. Legg Lake is not a good place to hang out, at least in its condition right now.
    Thanks for reading.

Well AAKK so far I've read your message, BUT if you're going to talk trash about hispanic people thats messed up, second of all I've caught many Larg Mouth Bass there so you are doing something wrong. And last but not least fishing is all about duck feathers and duck poop so in the end this is what I think about your comment

You should submit this editorial to the LA Times. It has Pulitzer written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by AAKK View Post
    A friend who works at Jeff's Sporting Goods told me that he caught many largemouth bass in the Legg Lake so i decided to check it out.
    The Lake is located in El Monte/South El Monte (San Gabriel Valley area).Just right off the 60 Freeway (Rosemead BLVD exit).
    I am racist but here are what i think, and other people in other fishing forum think about fishing in this lake.
    Here in the Legg Lake,there are many Hispanic people that are trashing the park. The lake is super dirty. The park is full of dog poo on the ground. Feathers from the herd of goose and duck are everywhere. Watch out your step.
    People keep throwing trash on ground. There are many trash bin around the lake but I noticed that they are not used at all.
    Talking about fishing,seriously,fishing is so bad here. I used lure,death bait,swimbait..etc,whatever bait that exists on the sporting good store, I used all but nothing.
    I went to the office of the lake to see if the lake is stocked by DFG or not but the answer from the officer is "you need to contact them,i do not know about that".
    So in my opinion, people please stop trashing the lake.If you want to take your family to getaway from stresses, go somewhere else. If you want to go fishing for fish, go somewhere else. Legg Lake is not a good place to hang out, at least in its condition right now.
    Thanks for reading.
    this lake has hardcore anglers that try there best to keep it a good place to fish...but you can only do so much, i don't think your racist aakk just observant, i'm sure more than the hispanics are trashing the spot...

I am not blaming to anybody.As i just said at the very beginning,this is what i think and other people in another fishing forum think,"fishingwork.com").
    May be i have done wrong but i've been there the whole last Saturday and Sunday and i went there for 2 hours in the morning today and i just got nothing there. My best friend did not want to use lure so he used mealworm and in 1h he got no bite at all.
    So far,that is just my observation,i did not specify to anybody then. Sorry if you are Hispanic.
    Happy fishing.
    Last edited by AAKK; 10-09-2009 at 04:14 PM.

well...i'll blame people... And, if your at this park enough you'll see it is the hispanics that mess this park up. Go to this park on a Monday morning after any weekend you'll see what I mean. This park is nasty.

But, for fishing you simply don't know what the hell your doing! Fishing here can be tuff there. But, I've personally seen bass pulled out of here up to 14lbs. My personal best is 7.2 lbs.

that sucks that your buddy lied to you about legg lake being a good place to fish.

so i take it, you won't be returning to legg lake?

Well, i will be returning to Legg Lake for jogging, tai chi maybe ^^...hope it get better someday ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    well...i'll blame people... And, if your at this park enough you'll see it is the hispanics that mess this park up. Go to this park on a Monday morning after any weekend you'll see what I mean. This park is nasty.
    danny i thought you were bandito not a bedejo...jus messn wit yah danny, no need to send me hate text...

Quote Originally Posted by AAKK View Post
    ...hope it get better someday ^^
    hope fully the wrongs that happen there do stop...

dude...i'm a beaner.....but i agree that we need INS at Legg Lake every weekend

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast