Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing perris is fun

Default fishing perris is fun

its been a good while since i've posted mainly because i've been working on getting the new business put together. fishing has taken a back seat.
    been entering numbers into a computer all week and finally finished today so as a reward john and i took a trip to perris. yep no ninja style today, just bona fide pay to fish with all the pros on the big boy lake kind of fishing.

well i guess it paid off. got there around 5pm fished the dam for around two hours. landed 4 fish lost 1. john landed all 4 of his. all cookie cutter fish except the bigger fish and the one i lost (of course), and all caught on shallow to medium running cranks in shad colors. the big fish was probably 6 or 7 pounds (sorry i didn't have a trusty cigarette pack measuring device so feel free to chime in with a more accurate guess). regardless, i'd have to say its my pb.
    well thats it. probably another month or two before i post again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA150458.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	15949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA150467.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	15950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA150462.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	15951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA150464.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	15952  

wtg bro, i m guessing a cartoon of newport box and a half...let me know when the grand opening is...i know you'll do good on your build bro..

Nice Fish! What? No measuring tape? Dude that bass is over 7 pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice Fish! What? No measuring tape? Dude that bass is over 7 pounds...
    yeah no measuring device. definitely have to invest in one.
    man, that would be sick if he were over 7 pounds. here's another picture of the little guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA150463.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	15954  

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    wtg bro, i m guessing a cartoon of newport box and a half...let me know when the grand opening is...i know you'll do good on your build bro..
    thanks moto! i guess it means even less time to fish.
    looking to open around halloween. i will let you know for sure.

looks defenitely over 7 to me! Congrats on the nice fish man.

Hey Mudskipper... Measure your rod handle and use that as a comparison to the bass. Give me the length and I can give you a pretty close weight for your fish. I've been a fish taxidermist for many years and have measured hundreds of big bass.

Looks like it was an awesome day on Perris Lake.

beautiful catches guys.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Hey Mudskipper... Measure your rod handle and use that as a comparison to the bass. Give me the length and I can give you a pretty close weight for your fish. I've been a fish taxidermist for many years and have measured hundreds of big bass.
    fm i measured the rod starting 3/4" up from the rod butt since the tail wasn't exactly lined up with it. it came out to 21.75".

OK your bass is about 7 lbs. 8 oz.. A 21.5 inch Largemouth Bass that is chunky (not skinny) like your very healthy looking bass, is right about 7 lbs. 4 oz.. A healthy 22 incher is almost 8 lbs. I molded a 22 inch bass that weighed 9 lbs, but it was a super fat fish. Your fish was a very nice bass no matter how you look at it bro. Congrats! Now when are you going to take me fishing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast