Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lip Ripperz help?

Lip Ripperz are my go-to bait for trout fishing. My favorite colors are pink/white, yellow, and red.

The new Lip Ripperz are definitely the best trout worms available for dropshotting, which makes sense since they were designed for it. They sink, are a little thinner, and those ribs really give them a killer action when wacky rigged. For the local paylakes go with the pink/white, orange, and Fighting Frog. Use a Gamakatsu red salmon egg hook and 1/16oz dropshot weight.

The only time I would ever use powerworms over Lip Ripperz is for still fishing. The new Lip Ripperz sink while Powerworms float, so for some presentations Powerworms are a little better. When you are casting and retrieving then the Lip Ripperz are definitely better and catch a better grade of fish.

As for the tubes, they are a solid buy. I definitely like the eye and feel that trout really key in on it. Casper, Grasshopper, and Chartreuse are the best colors. I wish they would come out with an orange/yellow pattern to imitate roe though.

About the retrieving

With a drop shot wacky or normal rigged I should bounce it off the bottom

And with split shot that’s just a normal slow retrieve right

Or is that at least a good base to build off of

Just do a slow retrieve with the dropshot while twitching your rod tip and bouncing it off the bottom. Reel in very slowly with the split shot and pause it every few seconds. That's the basic idea.

Default "TW worms at Bass Pro" ??

Does the TW stand for trout worms? Any particular kind. I've always used the Owner mosquitos.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Does the TW stand for trout worms? Any particular kind. I've always used the Owner mosquitos.
    i dont theink that tw is a specific kind i could be wrong though. i only fish with lipripperz and owner masquitos size 10.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Just do a slow retrieve with the dropshot while twitching your rod tip and bouncing it off the bottom. Reel in very slowly with the split shot and pause it every few seconds. That's the basic idea.
    ok great i will try that and see what happens

for drop shot... DROP SHOT WACKY RIG. it seriously kicks butt. especially when the trout are innactive

what is it about wacky rigged that works so good?

is it like a kid at mcdonalds who loves happy meals more than anything even tho its the same food just in a funner box

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    what is it about wacky rigged that works so good?

is it like a kid at mcdonalds who loves happy meals more than anything even tho its the same food just in a funner box
    hahahaha. nice analogy. it give the worms alot of action. and you can keep it just a little off the bottom which is a good spot for innactive trout. if the trout are active than i fish a lip ripper jig.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast