Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lip Ripperz help?

i almost always use sherbert (orange and white) they work the best i have found for recently stocked fish in shallow water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lip Ripperz View Post
    Mister Twister,

In the sand traps, Id recommend using the small baits such as the Litl RipperZ jigs in casper white, poopy doop or snot rocket. Also the Mini RipperZ in pearl silver, tree frog or chartreuse shine. These colors always work the best up there. The fish in the sand traps are typically smaller less than pansized trout, so I wouldnt recommend using the LR worms in there unless you trimmed them down halfway and put them on a jighead. When fishing for smaller fish, youll want to use the smaller profiled baits such as the Litl RipperZ or Mini RipperZ. These 'smaller' fish will tend to bite a full Lip Ripperz trout worm short (because of the length and girth of the bait), and you wont hook them because they are too small to inhale the full worm. In this specific scenerio, if you had to fish a trout worm, Id fish half a LR trout worm on a 1/32 ounce jighead (deadly on small trout in the sierras) or split shot a Berkely trout worm or mister twister.

If you want to catch a big alpers in the sierras, use a LR trout worm in Candy Cane (my favorite color up there), orange silver, zebra, or chartreuse shine and DROP SHOT THEM WACKY STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!! If Im fishing for nice sized trout in lakes, the LR trout worm with this technique is my go to technique. If Im fishing smaller ponds or streams, I switch to the jigs. Hope this helps!

If you guys have any questions, or need help fishing Lip RipperZ, feel free to contact me at sales@lipripperz.com

Gotta agree with you on the Mammoth Colors, but straight Orange has always been my favorite up there, or even down here at the local pay lakes.

One thing guys if you are getting bit short, you can always break a little bit off each time, until you get the right length. Or you can try to thread the hook deeper onto the worm.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Gotta agree with you on the Mammoth Colors, but straight Orange has always been my favorite up there, or even down here at the local pay lakes.

One thing guys if you are getting bit short, you can always break a little bit off each time, until you get the right length. Or you can try to thread the hook deeper onto the worm.

i agree with taking a little off the worm but i find if you wacky rig the worm it works even better. that way you still have the size of the worm but can hook alot of those short biters.

Quote Originally Posted by samgann93 View Post
    i agree with taking a little off the worm but i find if you wacky rig the worm it works even better. that way you still have the size of the worm but can hook alot of those short biters.
    I've tried it that way, but for myself, I've always had the best luck split shotting them and threading the hook. I found some TW hooks at Basspro, and they work even better then the Mosquito hooks!

Don't get me wrong i've caught many fish wacky rigging it, but I guess it's i've got more confidence the other way.

i did use a worm threader once and thread the hook so it was on the end of the worm, and i was at june lake when they stock, and hooked up over 80% of the hits i got. seems to be about 20-30% when hooked the regular way.

ya everyone has there confidence area. ive learned that it doesnt really matter how you rig a lip ripper. everytime i fish it i catch fish. i really like drop shotting a wacky rig. and split shotting wacky rig. and other then that i fish the jigs.

Rule of thumb is use bright colors in darker waters and naturals in clear water. They all work the same as berkley worms, it is just up to you on how you use them! I have always had luck with Chartreuse, Orange, green and Pink.

Goodluck!

TSlayer!

great thanks for all the great advice i just orderd a few things now i just got to wait for it to cool off enough to try them out on some trout

I love dropshotting wacky hooked berkley trout worms. The only thing i dislike about it is it's durability.

i think the lip rippers have a lot more action and are much more durable than powerworms. the newer lip ripperz have all those ribs on it so its a perfect wacky rig bait.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast