Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/3 FV Keilani....one more tuna run!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nice report and pics Sansou. Maybe 1 day we will be able to fish together..
    Let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    Purple sandbass...Good job on the release! haha

Rich and Jeff, looks like a great day of tuna fishing! Nice yellow on the plastic, Im sure JR would be proud!
    Thanks. Best of luck in LV.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb View Post
    Very nice pics, good to see someone trying out the plastics. Great report..
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    LMAO!! Thanks for the release shot brother...another nice day of slaying...good job man..

GD
    Purple sandbass was just for you dude!

Quote Originally Posted by JapanRon View Post
    Hi sansou,

Those fresh grabs with rubbers dangling brought tears .... honest to gosh ..... tears to my eyes. Oh the humanity !! Awesome day and well deserved by both skipper and deckie-for-the-day !!

It's a real pleasure to see an angler in his or her own element .... and wringing out every bit of fun out of it that could be had !! How you get 'a terrible shock' and have an even better trip out next time !! How come we mostly remember these day so vividly !? :)

On a side note: I'm afraid it's the honest truth .... but don't you find the rubber seems to attract the smaller grade of fish in the YT department? Honest ... in the past, I've caught firecracker after firecracker while others fish were much, much better. No matter ....... a fish on the rubber is worth ten on the meat !! ;) OH-J/K (only half-joking)

Thanks for the thought on the audibles !!

Go get 'em again asap !!

JapanRon
    My first sentiment is to disagree with you with the statement that "plastics = smaller grade YT", as I've caught larger YT in the past on fishtraps and what not....but then again, it was usually done on the slide after a blind jig strike. When I have caught incidental YT (usually while targeting calicos at a kelp forest) they haven't been all too big.

In this particular case, I grabbed my rod with the plastics only after visibly seeing a couple dozen small size YT swim under the boat. I figured it would be fun to nail at least one on a very light setup. Several times I would drop the plastic down and keep it stationary and you could actually see several YT come up to it and investigate what it was, without striking it. These same fish were also liberally eating little chunks of sardine chum right within sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Nice going Jeff & Rich. Got to love days like that out on the water .
    It was good sailing that day. Now go fish the salt Patrick before all the "fun fish" swim away for the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    great report rich. YT on plastic. something u dont see everyday.
    Thanks Oz. Congrats again on the bambino.

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    Nice looking yellowtail on the boat. Sorry the fishing was slow but at least you didn't have to put up with a crowded boat. Anyway he can extend that boat to squeeze one more guy on it??
    So what do you guys talk about?
    LOL!

What do we talk about? I'd say 1/2 the time we're cracking up at some of the idiotic radio chatter...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Madrigal View Post
    LOL! Sansou, nice YT! If that thing had a lil bro, it would still be an egg! LOL!!!

Nice job on getting to the YFT.
    GM<><
    Thanks.....I think? LOL! See you around trout season!

I am hoping that next week will not be to late .

Nice job on the October fish, wtg guys!

BTW Jeff that jar of tuna was KILLER

TD

Great Report Rich. Always a pleasure fishing with you.

Glad you liked the tuna Aaron. I'm cooking up another batch today. Can't get enough of that stuff!

awesome report! wtg out there. quality fish, nicew boat, how big is it?

Thanks for the pics and report. Looks like you guys found a few nice fish to bad the bigger size yellows did not want to chew on the plastic that would be a good fight on that light setup.

Bigred

Default tuna

OH MAN THROW THE BANANA ON TO TROLLYS BOAT,,,,,,,,,NICE TUNA AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12