Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PURSUIT *I <3 Bonito* 9/30

Default PURSUIT *I <3 Bonito* 9/30

Wow...good fishing at the Island today...

Pulled an all nighter and left the house at 3am to pick up Hbomb. We got to the landing at 4:30am and there were already a few people in line. Bought our tickets and Cappo shows up a few mins after. Board the boat and were off to get some fresh bait from the bait boat. Today we had some anchovies mixed with some small sardines.

The Sport King waiting to get some bait\

me and CAPPO fishing in the harbor while we get bait

The ride over to the Island was a little rough. I got a little Queezy for the first time in a while.

Well we arrive to the first spot and it was GAME ON almost instantly. It was probalby the best local bonito bite ive been in. It turned into "combat fishing" quick with people bumping into eachother, fishing rod swordfights, tangles, over under over under, and maybe a few words exchanged... but that goes with pretty much any WO bite. I guess another way to describe it would be AWESOME! got some on bait some on the mint Tady C... Japan Bomb even got one on the plastic.

We sit on this spot for a couple hours with constant action. Bonito and a few bass coming over the rail.

Chumming....

speaking of chumming...some kid decided to chum in the bunkroom. Thats when I started feeling sick. The smell got to me LOL

Bonita

So with all the mayhem...one of the deckies gaffs a bonita that turns into a small mako...

He felt bad about it afterwards but the damage was done....

Nice Bass!

Random pics

Bonito caught on 12lb test and light bass setup

Another nice bass

Hbomb bass

Slay

So we make some moves....bonita here...bass there. The captain made sure to keep fish coming over the rail. The crew was helpfull and was there whenever we needed them. Its been a couple years since I fished this boat. I guess what kept me away was the crowds. The last time I fished it, there were 70 people on the boat. wow...LOL... The summer is over and crowds are getting lighter. I can see myself jumping on the Pursuit again in the near future. Like i said, Great capt and crew!

I didnt take as many pics as usual...Phong will add some more to this report!

Hbomb- Great fishing with you again cuz...Im glad you finally got your bonito! LOL

Cappo- Always a pleasure fishing with you man...Cant wait to read your smart ***** reply to this report LOL.

Pokerface- It was a cool meeting and fishing with you man. Will do it again soon...

Mike- It was also good meeting you...What was your final count?

Ghetto dad- Sorry you couldnt make it out with us today. Hope to fish with you soon before i go back...

Good job and report homie....nice bonitatail cuz....and i KNEW that was Sengs brother..lmao.....

I prob wont fish for a few weeks..sorry homie...

GD

Today was the best fishing i've been in awhile... bonita action was just way to crazy today, loved it. Right when we were ready to find another spot bammmmm complete mayhem all over the place it was awesome, hey vic you didn't take a pic of the 8lb bass that was in my sack.... Jk Ghetto Dad....I was going to release a pretty good size one but his gills were all messed up so he went straight to my sackkkk.......... Really good day, great fishin with you cappo and pokerface, gots to do it again...
    Last edited by hbomb; 09-30-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Good job and report homie....nice bonitatail cuz....and i KNEW that was Sengs brother..lmao.....

GD
    yaeh, that's Hout. nice calico Hout.

WOw.. Nice fish

I should have freaking called in sick >.>

Good job HBomb and Victor! You guys produced in a captain special. You guys rock! Lets fish again for rock fish, thats when i can get vacation time. If not lets fish the harbor.

DAng i wanna get out there and kill some bonies. nice job.

Great pics Vic and good fishing guys!

Am I reading this correctly....you're going back to the desert Vic????

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post

GD
    LOL..bonitatail...these didnt thump like the other one haha.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb View Post
    Today was the best fishing i've been in awhile... bonita action was just way to crazy today, loved it. Right when we were ready to find another spot bammmmm complete mayhem all over the place it was awesome, hey vic you didn't take a pic of the 8lb bass that was in my sack.... Jk Ghetto Dad....I was going to release a pretty good size one but his gills were all messed up so he went straight to my sackkkk.......... Really good day, great fishin with you cappo and pokerface, gots to do it again...
    Pretty cool to see somebody hook up...then another...then 3...then 4...then 5 going all at the same time LOL...then you get bit...Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by formosa View Post
    yaeh, that's Hout. nice calico Hout.
    Yeah...I think he ended up with jackpot too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chandy View Post
    WOw.. Nice fish
    Thanks man...You should join us one of these days. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Odium View Post
    I should have freaking called in sick >.>
    Haha...dont say you werent invited this time. Dont worry, you will get your WFO bite on your 2 dayer

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    Good job HBomb and Victor! You guys produced in a captain special. You guys rock! Lets fish again for rock fish, thats when i can get vacation time. If not lets fish the harbor.
    Thanks lalo...Rockfish? LOL..thats not til a month or two. Ill take you up north and show you what real rockfish look like haha.

Let me know victor and hbomb so i can get my guys out too! Lets go rock fishing!
    Hbomb did it this time! I told him it would come!
    Damn lalo...by the time i try and respond to one post...you already posted 2 more.

Quote Originally Posted by samgann93 View Post
    DAng i wanna get out there and kill some bonies. nice job.
    Theyre out there!

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Great pics Vic and good fishing guys!

Am I reading this correctly....you're going back to the desert Vic????
    Thanks Rich...Yes it is time to get back to reality. I would stay here but there are too many distractions . I think getting away and working on a few personal things would be best right now. Ill be back every once in a while to get some salt on my avets.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast