Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bass attractant

Default Bass attractant

Does anyone use bass attractant on their lures? What kind do you use? Have you noticed an increase in hookups?

Default Attractants

Yes, Uni Butter, Hot Sauce, Smelly Jelly, Berkly Trout Scent Etc... They all work and to tell you the truth, I don't even like to bass fish anymore unless I am using a scent or live bait. Thats how good it works!

Quote Originally Posted by LBSea View Post
    Yes, Uni Butter, Hot Sauce, Smelly Jelly, Berkly Trout Scent Etc... They all work and to tell you the truth, I don't even like to bass fish anymore unless I am using a scent or live bait. Thats how good it works!
    Really? I need to start using scents. I haven't ever tried using them before. Is it easy to put them on your lure? What do you have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Really? I need to start using scents. I haven't ever tried using them before. Is it easy to put them on your lure? What do you have to do?
    Big 5 ... Sports Chalet ... Sports Authority, etc.

It's like $2-$3 and I spray a few sprays in ALL my plastic bags ... spray your jigs, spinners, cranks, and swimmies a few minutes before they see the water... you will CLEARLY notice an increase in cast-to-hook-up ratios.... (yeah - that sounds lame, but ya know what I mean...)

put it on your hands not your bait masking your human sent when you tuoch your bait is key

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerLover View Post
    Big 5 ... Sports Chalet ... Sports Authority, etc.

It's like $2-$3 and I spray a few sprays in ALL my plastic bags ... spray your jigs, spinners, cranks, and swimmies a few minutes before they see the water... you will CLEARLY notice an increase in cast-to-hook-up ratios.... (yeah - that sounds lame, but ya know what I mean...)
    I need to get some of this stuff next time I go fishing. I haven't gotten any bass in a while. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Owen View Post
    put it on your hands not your bait masking your human sent when you tuoch your bait is key
    Are you serious about that??

yep i use smelly jelly liquid shad sent. i put it on my bait but it always gets on my hands so i just rub my hands together. the BEST bass attractant is probly a pro cure product thats supposedly made with fresh ground hatchery trout lol.

isnt that illegal?

Bang Craw Flavor. Kills !!!

is what illegal? you cant toss a live trout on a 4/0 circle hook but you can put the smelly stuff on your swimbait and be legal lol.