Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carp in puddingstone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carp in puddingstone?

Does anyone know or anyone has caught good amounts of carp from Puddinstone lake?

Looks like a nice lake, never been there before. Whats a good bait there? What type of fish you usually can catch? Please give me some advises.

I would like to know my self!!!! Fished there for everything else but carp! Tips, locations, bait???? Any help.

I certainly hope there are few carp in the pudd.

Been fishing there for years, and it's become a complete fishery minus small mouth and stripers...its a great blue gill, crappie and bass lake....the bass will challenge you to find but when you do, it's on....the carp on the other hand are abundant in the lake, and during certain times of the year, they come into the shallows in groves and you can catch them like crazy. Usually early spring...just as the red ear and blue gill start to bed....i've seen them caught up to 15lbs...

Default carp

I caught a 22 and 24# carp in one week on the East shore this year.

There are bigger ones, but check here with the carp experts:

http://www.socalcarpclub.com/index.html

Default yes there is

yes there is carp at the pudd i fish there all the time i caught a couple of them at the east shore buy the taller dock and in the little channel right in the front when you go into the parking good luck