Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Phenix Black Diamond Rod ????

Default Phenix Black Diamond Rod ????

Was wondering if any of you anglers own a Black Diamond Rod that is 8 1/2 - 9ft. How do you like the rod? Was considering picking up the 8 1/2ft black diamond 15-30lb rating to pair it up with my trinidad 14. What do you fellow anglers think? Good rod or not?

Thanks

I just spiral wrapped an 868MH 15-40 and it is a very powerful stick. Kille a few YFT, yellows, and skippies on it during my last 1.5 day. Perfect 25 or 30lb flyline rod. It's light and has a soft tip. A little parabolic for a fast action, but it's got a ishton of lifting power and backbone. Recommend it all the way.

If you want a rod with a faster action, they have a few hybrids that they just came out with that are pretty sick as well.

I think you'll be happy with whatever you choose from Phenix.

Thanks for the feedback. I just checked out the rod and yeah, it's nice. Love the light weight and the lift power on it. Looks like i will be picking up one soon. Thanks again Calico

Sup bro. You cant go wrong with one of those. Superlite weight and super strong.