Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balboa to Dana Point baby Pier

Default Balboa to Dana Point baby Pier

The day before i managed to go surf & jetty fish with My cousin Ryan to grab some 1" to 2" Mussel from balboa beach jetty rocks..try some new bait!... I got skunked but he grabbed a 26" Butt...what a bummer... he lost it! too bad lil cuz!

soo..the journey continues....the next day.

Got up early(4am) in the morning yesterday posted at the baby pier 6pm for about 4 hours of fishing with a couple of girlfriends to get away from the IE the second time.

They had a motorcycle event going on or car show or something so it was pretty busy so early..caught me by surprise.....(hence the 4 hour fishing..would have stayed longer to hit the jetty)

Caught some fun fish to fry up.

Overall, i had an awesome day fishing from that baby pier..

Nice post cuz, too bad about that event, those r some huge smelt tho haha, hopefully we can catch us some more legal Hali's next time we hit up the surf :) still kinda bummed about that last Hali I think I wanna pick up one of those boga grips

well now we know!... thanks for taking me dude! that was fun, hopefully we can be more prepared for our next trip....what do you say? 2 weeks? post it

Nice jetty fish, but you might want to be more careful with the calicos. That fish looks too close to being a short to comfortably keep. It looks like it was legal when you caught it, but sometimes fish shrink up. That's why I'd never keep a 22in halibut. It'll shrink to 20in or 21in once it dies and the muscles tighten up. Just something to keep in mind so you don't get a ticket from the warden!

I'm down for another trip in about 2 weeks let's set it up and get out again for another day of fishing and fun

BSP i was affraid of it shrinking too! and Behold! it did.... but it was still lingering the 12.5"....@ shrink point. I hate when that happens... if only they grew! lol. thanks for the heads up! Better days next time!

fish on!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr0cks View Post
    I'm down for another trip in about 2 weeks let's set it up and get out again for another day of fishing and fun
    your weekend off dude!

invite BSP!

How do you know that it was a 26" Hali if you lost it?
    Maybe it was a 36"! Lost fish always seem to be bigger for some reason... works for me.

you are absolutely correct wingnut! maybe it was 36" My cousin Ryan would like the sound of that!

Did you eat the smelt yet? How do they taste? Never had smelt before. Cool report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast