Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Question on the curado 201e7

Default Question on the curado 201e7

I have had it for a while and never even played with the VBS. I have it sitting on my desk because i have to reload it with new line after the last trip. So i got curious and looked at the VBS. It has been kept at the default which is all weights in the "off" position. I placed 1 break since at times when i cast i get a bit of backlash during the beginning of the cast. So my question is for those of you who have it, how many weights have do you have in the "on" postion?

Thanks
    Eddie

Are you sure they were all off and not all on? I never messed with mine either til' recently...I wanted longer casts. To tell you the truth I dont even know how many I have on now but I can get some long casts with little overrun every now and then. I dont think you have them all off...

I would say turn one off....cast...if you cast Ok, turn another off...cast again...and so on. Just dont open it while your reel is in free spool. I did that once and after I put it back together it wouldnt go into gear.

Usually Shimano low pros come with 2 brakes on. The "on" is in the middle position and the "off" is when pushed in. When I first got my E7, I only kept one brake on for a few months then I turn the brakes completely off.

Depends on your skill level and what you're casting. Anything under 1/4oz I use basically no brakes, but this is on smaller reels like the CH50.

If you are confused by the VBS, here's a crash course. There are six pins. Each one has a small plastic retainer. If the retainer is pushed towards the center of the spool until it clicks, it is off. If it is pushed towards the outside once until it clicks, it is on. Becareful turning them on. I have dropped and lost many, many retainers.

I nomally use 1 brake though and the knob for minor adjustments.

I use it with 3 on and it seem to be the best all around for me.

BassinChef

Thanks for the replies guys. I will start with 1 on and check out the difference in my casting. I never had touched it and they were all off. I will check it out next time and try different settings and see what works best.

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, when you turn 2 or more brakes on, I try to keep the opposite from each other. Don't know the physics behind it, but I'm confident with it.