Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: polluted

Default polluted

i hit up n.p.h last night,was working the docks out at the island and a young lady was walking by and told me did you know the water is polluted?i said yeah and told her i dont keep the fish just having some fun.and she continued to tell me the city of n.p dumbed something in the bay by accident and they posted these lil warning all around the island ,i did'nt see them until she pointed to them.i ignored the warning and kept fishing.i was working the dropshot got caught in some eel grass and pulled a nice handfull of it up,then i noticed a bright blue substance on the weeds,it was about the size of a green pea,and it had a glowing effect to it.i showed a couple of folks that were walking by and 2 guys said that it might be phosphorios.so i cut my trip short,just wantd to give the headsup to some of the tubers or dock fisherman to be carefull.fisherman from .l.b.

damn that doesnt sound too good. thanks for the heads up.

Quick question who were the signs posted by? I called harbor patrol they gave me a number to health agencies they control beach closures but they are closed. habor patrol didnt know anything about and wanted to know who the signs were posted by. i was ssupposed t hit up the harbor tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    i hit up n.p.h last night,was working the docks out at the island and a young lady was walking by and told me did you know the water is polluted?i said yeah and told her i dont keep the fish just having some fun.and she continued to tell me the city of n.p dumbed something in the bay by accident and they posted these lil warning all around the island ,i did'nt see them until she pointed to them.i ignored the warning and kept fishing.i was working the dropshot got caught in some eel grass and pulled a nice handfull of it up,then i noticed a bright blue substance on the weeds,it was about the size of a green pea,and it had a glowing effect to it.i showed a couple of folks that were walking by and 2 guys said that it might be phosphorios.so i cut my trip short,just wantd to give the headsup to some of the tubers or dock fisherman to be carefull.fisherman from .l.b.

YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by socalfish View Post
    Quick question who were the signs posted by? I called harbor patrol they gave me a number to health agencies they control beach closures but they are closed. habor patrol didnt know anything about and wanted to know who the signs were posted by. i was ssupposed t hit up the harbor tomorrow.
    the lady told me the city put them up.i walked quit a bit and they were put from the public doc by the ferry going south,i didnt read who posted them just that they had no swimming on the lil beaches

That glowing blue "stuff" was probably bioluminescent organisms, comes with the red tide usually. I've seen it alot in NPH during the summer.

NPH smells like @$$ especially during low tide, but the fishing there is great.

Mannnnn thats to bad. Glowing blue stuff coming out of the water is not good...

Not sure what you guys have up there, but down here in SD, when the water is warm (ie. summertime), we have blue/green bioluminescence in the bay. It's natural.

The crashing waves glow, and the mackerel accumulate it (their poop glows).

ive been eating fish from here for years. no glowing poop :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast