Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New To Baitcasting Reels

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    It seems like I have all the parts, because the brakes and spool tension knobs are working well. I am going to test my new rig in the surf today!
    Careful with your lure selection. Very easy to backlash and lose expensive lures out there.

Practice with diff weight.

when you change lures / worms / weights or any thing on the end of your line you always ALWAYS need to change and adjust the knob to the wright. always gonna be different. dont forget.

Also. drop speed . the weight of your lure or worm (w.e) is what's gonna prevent the backlash birds nest. test it like this.. Keep your pole horizontal position. open the spool. let it drop without you thumbin it. when it hits the ground and its backlashes. you need to fix the knob ...practice .!

I have been using my baitcasting reel often since I first posted this, so I don't need any tips, but thanks! I have been throwing my Spook for striper using my baitcaster.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234