Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Increased Camping fees and mandatory 2 day fishing pass

Quote Originally Posted by MAN VS WILD View Post
    If you pay for 2 days of fishing camping should be free.

Since you want to up fee how about upgrading the lake, campsites, FISH, restrooms, etc.

BOTTOM LINE: JUST GET QUALITY FISH IN THE LAKE AND YOUR FEE INCREASE WILL BE TAKEN EASIER BY YOUR FISHERMEN!
    Well said, MVW! Bring back the quality average fish...Please...

Personaly I stopped to fish there till they go back to $20 fee...$2 is not the point but (always I pay for my dad and son and wife so) as you know income of most of American families decreased and expenses are sky high...hopefully near soon gets better and I would bring my new friends to vine.

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Bear with me, I'm trying to understand the logic:

When Irvine was $17, the trout I guess tasted just like cold water wild salmon. In other words: "AWESOME".

But at current 2009 prices, the trout now suddenly taste like "DIRT"?

Oh brother. here we go. Their trout almost always tasted like dirt. All stocked trout (with -very- few exceptions) taste like mud. Why? Because they are often fed garbage. They spend their lives cramped (which is how they get so damn fat) and usually dont start tasting good until they get a few weeks of free-swimming.

Its similar to grass fed beef, and corn fed beef. Corn fed beef is easy to raise, cheaper. The same with pellet-fed trout. Unfortunately, trout tend to taste like their food- Bland, muddy... PELLETS.

http://www.thefishsite.com/articles/...n-farmed-trout --read this.
    Last edited by smokehound; 10-01-2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: added a link.

Quote Originally Posted by King Halibut View Post
    Funny, I see a lot of chirping on this thread.
    I too am not very happy about the increased prices at the all mighty VINE!
    Funny, Troutman (Patrick) while you were employeed by them you defended them to the death!
    Now if would appear that you have jumped on the beat-down bandwagon!
    Good for you.
    Keep out the riff raft......not gonna happen.
    You're still gonna have the arse holes with ten rods per, catching more that their allotted five fish.
    You're still gonna have the "family guy" who brings his 6 month old and thinks he can catch five more fish because he brought him/her! (without paying)
    You're still gonna have the arse hole who wants to share is favorite music with the entire lake!
    You're still gonna have the dip **** who pisses in the bushes in from of someones 10 year old!
    You're still gonna have those who think it's too far to walk 20 feet to throw away their trash!
    And through all of this turmoil those that want to put up with those that don't care about others feeling and or wants and or others needs will continue to show up at the gate at 4am, wait in line, pay the fees (whatever they might be) catch their five fish and happily go about their way.

Until trout season........and fishing on weekdays ONLY!

Tight Lines.
    KH
    well said

this is why i stopped going to the vine in the first place.

i never did *great* there, i hated waiting in a line and being the 30th person back at 2am, the lake is pretty bland, i would much rather pay that money to camp and fish in the sierra's for a weekend.

eh eh eh thats why you get your own boat and wouldnt have to deal with the on land problems ive never had a problem there..get your rental boat or your own and go slay them big trout...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910