Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Increased Camping fees and mandatory 2 day fishing pass

Default Increased Camping fees and mandatory 2 day fishing pass

Not too happy about this! An increased camping fee to $25 per night AND a mandatory 2 day fishing pass. Not cool.

IMO, the fee to fish Irvine is already too high. I wonder if the new rewards card is meant to cool hot feelings about fee increases?
    Last edited by fishtales; 09-23-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by fishtales View Post
    Not too happy about this! An increased camping fee to $25 per night AND a mandatory 2 day fishing pass. Not cool.

IMO, the fee to fish Irvine is already too high. I wonder if the new rewards card is meant to cool hot feelings about fee increases?
    So, if you bring your own boat and campout = $79 for 10 fish, if you limit out both days.

Once trout season is here the two day fishing issue will be mute if you arrive after 4pm when the lake closes, but I hafta agree the mandatory two day fishing thing during the summer is silly...what are the stickers for?

The $22 admission is fair although I liked the $20 better, but that is what everyone else is charging in the paylake business so "it is what it is" I guess.

$25 for camping is excessive imo...$15 okay but $25 with little to no shade, 1 electrical hookup(to my knowledge), little access to running water and no campfires for now?(until rainy season because the fire dept has understandably red flagged the area). Now consider other places are offering FREE camping? Personally I think Irvine has dropped the ball big time on this one, especially when you consider how bad the economy is.

I do not mean to bash the Vine as all my friends and most people on FNN know I refer to it as my home lake, I also consider many of the employees my extended family. I understand the Vine is a business that needs to make a profit and pay its hard working staff, BUT if they are going to justify the increase in camping, boat rentals and last years gate fee I am expecting a solid grade of fish like 2007/2008. I have a group of 4 friends who would rent a pontoon 3 times a month, but after two trips last season refuse to fish Irvine Lake until the average quality of fish comes back.

From this ONE group alone it breaks down as follows:
    $22 admission x4=$88 at 3 times a month =$264
    $140 pontoon(last season price) x3= $420
    So that is $684 not including beer, food, bait cigs and misc tackle....I think it is fair to say $750-$800 less in income a month from just one party!

Bring back the solid AVERAGE fish and the fisherman will follow!

Okay I'm done now....I just hope this does not fall on deaf ears.

See you at the lake,

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 09-24-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    So, if you bring your own boat and campout = $79 for 10 fish, if you limit out both days.

22.00 x2 = 44.00 2 Days to Fish
    Camping = 25.00
    Launch x2 = 20.00
    -------------------------------------
    89.00 for 10 fish!

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    22.00 x2 = 44.00 2 Days to Fish
    Camping = 25.00
    Launch x2 = 20.00
    -------------------------------------
    89.00 for 10 fish!

Yep.

Last edited by Troutman65; 09-24-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Irvine has priced me out of fishing pay lakes... I just can't afford it... I haven't been in over a year and can't go anytime soon with these prices. I was a steady 2-3 times a year customer, now it's more like every other year.
    It's just sounds funny.. I can't afford to fish... I need to move out of socal...

C'mon, what's up with you Orange County people? You guys are the wealthiest people around!

What's a little fee increase for you guys...besides, it might keep some of the riff-raff out!

Rich.....soju lunches and computer keyboards simply don't mix.

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Rich.....soju lunches and computer keyboards simply don't mix.

TD
    Stella reels, teenagers toting $300 phenix rods, 12 ft custom rods with your name on it with flames, tackleboxes w/36 colors of powerbait, elaborate shoreline campsites, people taking off 24 hours in advance just to park in line, Gloomis this-that and the other, brand new powerboats.......these are all things I see when I go there. It's definately bling-bling fishing when you go to the OC. I never see that much pizzazz when I fish the Rockies or the San Juans.

Just sayin'.....maybe I just got rod-envy as I fish $20 Kencors. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    C'mon, what's up with you Orange County people? You guys are the wealthiest people around!

What's a little fee increase for you guys...besides, it might keep some of the riff-raff out!
    Seen my bank account lately...? Born and raised Orange County and have NEVER been wealthy...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast