Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alert!! Neters at DVL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vision246 View Post
    It was a nice warm morning, decide to head to the "jewel" and do a little bass fishin with my nephew. Started the day at the saddle dam and picked up a few fish on dropshot on roboworms morning dawn color. A few hours pass and we decided to head to the west dam and I see another boat in the corner of the west dam, beached on the sandy rocks. I see two guys in their underwear wading and I assumed they didnt know the rules of the lake about the no body contact stuff. Soon there after I see the two guys wade towards shore with a FREAKIN GILL NET! there had to be at least 10 bass in there with other small fish. I yell out what the hell are you doing!! one guy jumps on the boat and motors towards me yelling out inappropriate words. He gets close and says "what the hell are you lookin at!" I didnt say a word and motored my way back to the marina and he begins to keep yelling at the top of his lungs and starts to chase me and he is slamming right into me and playing bumper boats. I get half way to the marina and he turns around and heads back I tell the people at the marina and they call me a liar. Im freakin getting pissed and yelling and they think im crazy, "we got cameras" etc.. I was shocked at how ignorant people are and I went to he office and told them what happened and they too said I was messing around. I cant believe people. Im never going there again!!!
    man, me and danny was headed out there today for some shore action...flaked out at the last second...wish i was there, i would have written a nasty letter to these guys...with bold letter head...lol..j/k bro, sometimes when atlas shrugs bro the effects are long a ripple that effect the actions of other men to act incomplacent...sorry i had nothing to type, except for "you should have kicked some ***...please excuse my brash decesion..

Im not sure if the story is legit or not, but the "jewel" can get pretty damn lonely these days. I've fished their weekends and never been within shouting distance of another boat. If this story is true this is absolutely pathetic by the net throwers.

Vision you should thrown down right then and there. Give the guy so many rights he is begging for a left. He may have netted up the next world record bass meant for you.

It shouldn't be too tough to at least narrow down the culprits. The marina can check the manifesto for a rental bass boat that went out with two people on board both male. Did you happen to see what they were wearing for underwear i.e. boxer or briefs, solid color or print, maybe something in a high or low rise. That could possibly help the investigation as well.

So far the facts are as follows:

-two males..... I think. Could it have been two manly looking females in mens underwear?
    -rental boat Wednesday, September 23rd. You didn't happen to get the rental boat number plainly and bodly stamped on the boat did you? This could possibly aid the investigation.
    -culprits wearing underwear, not "commando"..that eliminates me as I'm always "commando" at DVL

Any other details???
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 09-24-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision246 View Post
    A few hours pass and we decided to head to the west dam and I see another boat in the corner of the west dam, beached on the sandy rocks. I see two guys in their underwear wading and I assumed they didnt know the rules of the lake about the no body contact stuff. Soon there after I see the two guys wade towards shore with a FREAKIN GILL NET! there had to be at least 10 bass in there with other small fish. I yell out what the hell are you doing!! one guy jumps on the boat and motors towards me yelling out inappropriate words. He gets close and says "what the hell are you lookin at!" I didnt say a word and motored my way back to the marina and he begins to keep yelling at the top of his lungs and starts to chase me and he is slamming right into me and playing bumper boats. I get half way to the marina and he turns around and heads back
    Based on your description of events. This guy was chasing you in his underware??? Would make for a very funny video. Maybe he just wanted to tell you that the water was cold and there was significant shrinkage.
    If they were rental boats, I would have keep playing bumper boats. I bet if you brought back a damaged rental boat, the people at the marina would have shown more interest.
    Glad you made it out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Based on your description of events. This guy was chasing you in his underware??? Would make for a very funny video. Maybe he just wanted to tell you that the water was cold and there was significant shrinkage.
    If they were rental boats, I would have keep playing bumper boats. I bet if you brought back a damaged rental boat, the people at the marina would have shown more interest.
    Glad you made it out alive.

I forgot that there is still no private boats allowed to launch. Heck , I would of played bumper boats all day with the guy. ( Thats just me. Do not attempt to do this yourself kids. )

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod (rodthebod) View Post
    Im not sure if the story is legit or not, but the "jewel" can get pretty damn lonely these days. I've fished their weekends and never been within shouting distance of another boat. If this story is true this is absolutely pathetic by the net throwers.

Vision you should thrown down right then and there. Give the guy so many rights he is begging for a left. He may have netted up the next world record bass meant for you.

It shouldn't be too tough to at least narrow down the culprits. The marina can check the manifesto for a rental bass boat that went out with two people on board both male. Did you happen to see what they were wearing for underwear i.e. boxer or briefs, solid color or print, maybe something in a high or low rise. That could possibly help the investigation as well.

So far the facts are as follows:

-two males
    -rental boat Wednesday, September 23rd
    -wearing underwear, not "commando"

Any other details???

The net . You forgot to mention the net.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    based on your description of events. This guy was chasing you in his underware??? Would make for a very funny video. Maybe he just wanted to tell you that the water was cold and there was significant shrinkage.
    :rofl:

Sorry, but I'm with Stu. All of this and you couldn't even get one employee to even check up on it? Hmm.....

Everybody is bringing up interesting points, but where was the second perpetrator during the high speed, ahh, low speed chase? Please choose one of the following:

a. with the gill net standing on shore in his underwear
    b. with the gill net standing in the lake in his underwear
    c. hiding behind some overgrowth ashamed of being caught in his underwear at the lake
    d. yelling for his buddy to get the hell back there and pick him up
    e. none of the above

This case is getting more interesting by the minute.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 09-23-2009 at 10:17 PM.

The original thread starter hasnt even response to anything that has been said

After what he has been through he is probably pretty shook up. If I saw two guys frolocking about in my favorite non-body contact lake in their underwear I'd be pretty shook up as well. Lets let Vision get some much needed rest and hope he chimes in real soon. WE need to bring these perps to justice. No one gets away with swimming in DVL in their underwear, no one.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast