Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alert!! Neters at DVL!!

Default Alert!! Neters at DVL!!

It was a nice warm morning, decide to head to the "jewel" and do a little bass fishin with my nephew. Started the day at the saddle dam and picked up a few fish on dropshot on roboworms morning dawn color. A few hours pass and we decided to head to the west dam and I see another boat in the corner of the west dam, beached on the sandy rocks. I see two guys in their underwear wading and I assumed they didnt know the rules of the lake about the no body contact stuff. Soon there after I see the two guys wade towards shore with a FREAKIN GILL NET! there had to be at least 10 bass in there with other small fish. I yell out what the hell are you doing!! one guy jumps on the boat and motors towards me yelling out inappropriate words. He gets close and says "what the hell are you lookin at!" I didnt say a word and motored my way back to the marina and he begins to keep yelling at the top of his lungs and starts to chase me and he is slamming right into me and playing bumper boats. I get half way to the marina and he turns around and heads back I tell the people at the marina and they call me a liar. Im freakin getting pissed and yelling and they think im crazy, "we got cameras" etc.. I was shocked at how ignorant people are and I went to he office and told them what happened and they too said I was messing around. I cant believe people. Im never going there again!!!
    Last edited by Vision246; 09-23-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision246 View Post
    It was a nice warm morning, decide to head to the "jewel" and do a little bass fishin with my nephew. Started the day at the saddle dam and picked up a few fish on dropshot on roboworms morning dawn color. A few hours pass and we decided to head to the west dam and I see another boat in the corner of the west dam, beached on the sandy rocks. I see two guys in their underwear wading and I assumed they didnt know the rules of the lake about the no body contact stuff. Soon there after I see the two guys wade towards shore with a FREAKIN GILL NET! there had to be at least 10 bass in there with other small fish. I yell out what the hell are you doing!! one guy jumps on the boat and motors towards me yelling out inappropriate words. He gets close and says "what the hell are you lookin at!" I didnt say a word and motored my way back to the marina and he begins to keep yelling at the top of his lungs and starts to chase me and he is slamming right into me and playing bumper boats. I get half way to the marina and he tusrs around and heads back I tell the people at the marina and they call me a liar. Im freakin getting pissed and yelling and they think im crazy, "we got cameras" etc.. I was shocked at how ignorant people are and I went tot he office and told them what happened and they too said I was messing around. I cant believe people. Im never going there again!!!

Thats sad no one believed you. I would think if someone reported that they would of at the least went to check it out.

you could hae handled the situation appropriately. pictures of the offenders, pictures of the cf number on the hull. notify the rental office, and have a dfg email ready to go if you cannot have a live person waiting at the dock. they will just do justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision246 View Post
    It was a nice warm morning, decide to head to the "jewel" and do a little bass fishin with my nephew. Started the day at the saddle dam and picked up a few fish on dropshot on roboworms morning dawn color. A few hours pass and we decided to head to the west dam and I see another boat in the corner of the west dam, beached on the sandy rocks. I see two guys in their underwear wading and I assumed they didnt know the rules of the lake about the no body contact stuff. Soon there after I see the two guys wade towards shore with a FREAKIN GILL NET! there had to be at least 10 bass in there with other small fish. I yell out what the hell are you doing!! one guy jumps on the boat and motors towards me yelling out inappropriate words. He gets close and says "what the hell are you lookin at!" I didnt say a word and motored my way back to the marina and he begins to keep yelling at the top of his lungs and starts to chase me and he is slamming right into me and playing bumper boats. I get half way to the marina and he tusrs around and heads back I tell the people at the marina and they call me a liar. Im freakin getting pissed and yelling and they think im crazy, "we got cameras" etc.. I was shocked at how ignorant people are and I went tot he office and told them what happened and they too said I was messing around. I cant believe people. Im never going there again!!!
    That's pretty outrageous. Nobody else saw what happened?

Default Dvl

I was the only boat that close to them, trust me they were hard to see unless you went around that little bend near the west ramp. I called DFG but no one called back. I have a camera on my phone and the only way to take a pic is too be within 15 feet away and I was not going to take any chances.

Default dvl

Please post the date and time this occurred. Also names of any employee you talked to. Thanks

If what you say is true one, wonders what kind of Staff is running the lake out there.

I know from experiance ( working at a Lake, Security ) that our staff went out and checked on all reports that customers called in and reported.

I think a phone call to the authorities would have done the trick. I mean they had to come off the lake at sometime. I would think being rammed by a boat would warrant at least an attempted assault charge.

man that is BS!!! good thing you werent hurt. why didnt you call the cops? we all know you cant rely on dfg. main thing is youre okay, i worry about instances like yours in which i debate whether or not to say something to the offenders. hopefully the "cameras" got something.

i hate to be that guy but it kinda sounds like a shady story

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast