Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Overnighter Jackpot baby..........

Default Liberty Overnighter Jackpot baby..........

Went out on the liberty out of long beach sportfishing friday night. 36 people on the overnighter. Got some dines and headed to catalina to try and buy some squid. I guess the squid boats had none so the captain and crew made their own. They spent quite a few hours trying to get some squid and ended up with about 6 to 8 scoops.

Woke up around four thirty and watch the captain and crew ready to pass out from exhaustion. He suggest that we soak squid around 5. Theres was only three of us awake so we all had squid on the dropper loop. I picked up a dead one and was first one in the water. Maybe thirty seconds later I felt a few taps and next thing I know im fightin a 31 pound seabass. Turns out to be the only seabass for the bite. A few other missed bites.

6 oclock and capt. decides to hit up clemente instead. Two hours later we finally get there and the first stops yeilds about 3 yellows and a bunch of short cali's. Next spot for nothing but some sea dogs. Third spot we didnt even get to. The capt spots some breezer yellows and shut off the engine. A school was headed straight at us. All hell broke loose. Deckies were chummin sardines by the nets to get these yellows to come hang out. 5 minutes later yellows finally started biting. Quite a few ended up in the sacks. 27 all together. Quite a few lost. I lost 3 myself. I ended up with the jackpot. First seabass and it was awesome....... No wonder im addicted to this fishing thing....... Also ran into osilito i think it was. Nice meeting ya man. Liberty is an awesome boat. Crew is great and capt knows where to fish.........A +++++

yeah bro i told you you looked familliar..lol. that was a beautiful fish man. me, i didnt do as good. some short calicos, 1 keeper and a handful of perch. lost 1 yellow :roll: . hey GD it was nice meeting you man! you too lokey! and osiito, were gonna get em next time. this time for shure. lol. and liteliner...once again, beautiful fish! :thumb:

couple more pics...

sunrise at catalina

:shock:

nice report liteliner and one nice bass! :thumb:

nice report liteliner and one nice bass! :thumb:

Default Re: Liberty Overnighter Jackpot baby..........

Nice job!!! I'm so envious.... funjunkie74 and I were on the Tide Change overnighter out of Davey's and we didn't catch a thing! Hmm, we saw the Tornado out of Long Beach(I think?). You guys must have been on the opposite side of the island from us.

Nice going on the Liberty!

The captain and crew work hard, on the Liberty. every time i'v been out on that boat the crew and captain are alwalys putting good efforts in to finding fish.

Nice WSB !

Hi liteliner,

Great report and pics !! WTG on all the fishys!!

Who was running the boat this trip?

JapanRon

Congratulations to you for the Jackpot Win!
    I bet that croaker fought harder than your last carp....lol

How much was the jackpot worth?

Osiito is cool. So is his girl.

One_Leg

sup lite liner...congrats on ya WSB and YT's..u had a epic day out there for getting back into the salt. nice to meet u also.

it was an overall great trip besides not getting what i hoped for and the grumpy old cook :lol: theres always next time for me. next time i know florocarbon is what i need. thats what most caught them the yellows.

congrats again liteliner and vic good fishing with u again and we getting out again soon a week or two or so on another overnighter :lol:

nice too meet u also GD 8)

japanron.....its always anthony from what i know. everytime i've been on the boat he is running it.

my count was 4 perch that i gave to my downstairs neighbor :lol:

one_leg u is cool too homie 8)

well til next time...im out 8)
    tight-lines
    [IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1952/osiitoavatorat7.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6360/38134035pg5.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8875/28244273hx0.jpg[/img][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4591/trophiesal2.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast