Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Happy Jacks.

I remember parking off 39, sliding down gully to lake.Mid 60"s.I would catch panfish, my older brother fly lined them for nice bass.Uncle josh pork rind baits, bombers,rubber worms with 3 hooks and custom leaders.We never got caught,but were always paranoid that we would. I would"nt touch the pork baits they grossed me out! Happy Jacks we drove by never went there. We went to trout pay below legg lake,that"s where train at Legg came from. Can"t recall name,had nice sized fish. Yep,Azuza canyon is a urban paradise now. I think it was adventure park?

Mister Twister -

The area you're referring to off Rosemead Blvd. west of Legg Lakes was called "Streamland Park", and was part of the Whittier Narrows Dam "recreation" area. I was very young when my brothers would take me to "marano beach" to swim in the river and catch crawdads. Our family would gather on Sundays during summer at Streamland Park to enjoy the cool picnic area and ride the train. Many great memories for me since I was raised and grew up in El Monte.

Big Al

Why is everbody talking about "Happy Jacks" being gone? They are open from 5pm thru 2am off of foothill. Just ask for Mae Ling.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bass View Post
    Why is everbody talking about "Happy Jacks" being gone? They are open from 5pm thru 2am off of foothill. Just ask for Mae Ling.
    LOL and if you go really far south on 39, like by the 22 there's a few other places called "happy jacks" too.Very fishy place indeed!

Those copy katzz.

Back again and still hope for some photos of the place " Yep Good Ole" Happy Jacks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456