Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Got a ticket from Lake Piru...

Default Got a ticket from Lake Piru...

So I've been frequenting Lake Piru a lot lately since they opened up a new launch ramp. Its been really nice since I've mostly been the only boat on the lake for the past 2 months or so. Well, last time I was there I decided I didn't want to be locked into Piru anymore because i wanted to fish Castaic for my next outing, so I didn't stop to get a lockout wire on my way out since I'd have to get inspected at Castaic anyways.

Well, I received a fine in the mail today for $50 from the United Water Conservation District for "failing to undergo an exit inspection". I'm a bit outraged because the staff that works at Piru failed to inform me the 5 or 6 times I've been there recently that it was a requirement punishable by a fine to not get an exit inspection....not to mention I have never undergone any exit inspection after leaving each trip. They literally just walk out there and re-tag your boat then send you on your way like Pyramid and Castaic do. I'm sure theres some fine print you sign when you enter the lake, but I figured it was all the same kind of paperwork that you do at the other lakes, so of course it goes overlooked. I just feel that they should do a better job of informing people whats going on and ACTUALLY PERFORMING EXIT INSPECTIONS IF THEY ARE REQUIRED

Sorry for the rant, but let it be known to anyone else who goes to not just drive away without a tag....

$50 isnt a huge deal....but I'll be contesting it regardless........

Btw....heres a fishing pole i pulled up from the bottom....the lake is thick with em

Wild stuff right there, planning on doing
    A lot of piru this coming year...
    See what happens,,

Cm

Default Piru

O ya what about the fishing, and
    How deep?

Cm

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    O ya what about the fishing, and
    How deep?

Cm
    I've just been targeting bass, was doing pretty good in very shallow water with jerkbaits / lipless cranks. Not sure what they're doing now since the weather has been changing...

What kind of mussels are those? Used to fish the dam area in you picture as a kid, a long time ago.

John