Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Happy Jacks.

One thing I don't see in that picture of the old swim area is the 3' wide float where the dam met the water. It must have been added sometime after that picture was taken.

That was the time when you didn't have to pay to get into the lake, and they had no gates and paved parking lots.

Yes those were the good old days for sure, and you could back your truck right up to the lake and fish sitting on your tail gate. Then at night it was a safe place to take your girl friend too watch the submarine races Ha Ha.

Back to Happy Jacks,I remember taking my son there when he was 4or5 yrs old,trying to get him hooked on fishing.
    I thought it was a good idea because it was a sure thing,he caught 2 trout and I had to stop him,when I asked someone what they thought those 2 fish would cost me,they said about 23.00 bucks,they were from the big fish pond and ended up costing me over 23.00,but it was still worth it!

My old Thread ! Do you guys have anything to add, photos I hope. It's history.

Oh yeah.....When I was a kid, my uncle, took me and a couple of my friends there for my birthday. Cost him a fortune!

Its a old thread but wondering if any newer members remember that good ole place. Still hunting for photos of it.

I remember it but have no pictures. Do you remember the Trout farm at Bonita Falls in Lytle Creek about the same time?

My aunt used to take my brother and I there when we were oh-so-small (was I ever oh-so-small????). We went through most of her pictures when she passed last year and didn't find one single fishing picture. I know she took some when we were out, maybe one will pop up. There's still a couple of boxes of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I remember it but have no pictures. Do you remember the Trout farm at Bonita Falls in Lytle Creek about the same time?
    Yeah I do.

I do have a couple of photos taken with our old Kodak instamatic. But they are mostly of my 3 or 4 year old son catching his first fish, which naturally I molded and made a replica mount of. I'll see if I can find them and post them here.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast