Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Giants .... er uh, ok..... HUNTING PERCH! LOL!

damn too bad i missed it.

i need to pay more attention to the boards.

looks like you all had a great time

I don't mean to sound corny... or maybe I do... but that was life-long memory stuff there. Kelly and I had an absolute blast. Great example of sportsmanship and good, clean fun for the kids to see. A cool group of folks. We're looking forward to the next one!

Wow, what a great looking event Art. If Phuong wasn't on vacation and left me in charge of the shop, I'd be there with you guys.
    Congratulations to all the award winners.

First of all, I'd like to thank Dana and Arthur for putting this together. I got to finally meet some of the people on this board whom I have been living vicariously through this year. Normally when I go surf fishing, I'm in search mode for the good water, and good conditions to maximize my chances. I decided to hang with some of the group instead, to check out how the south coasters fly. As it worked out, I was next to the 1st and 2nd place fishermen, and I enjoyed shootin it with them while tossing out my offerings. The small perch were there, but my MO is to go for glory, or go home, so I stuck with my plan, and didn't drop down to gulp for my 10. I caught a nice wiggles that I hooked in the pec fin that gave me a good chase down the beach, and bones made a good grab for me at the end, as I couldn't pull him toward me very good being hooked like he was.

I learned that you don't put your digital camera in the ice chest with blue ice, hence the foggy pics.
    As the tide came in, conditions got progressively worse, with grass or kelp on most every retrieve, but hell, I've come all the way from Santa Barbara, so I keep at it. The kid catches a nice thornback, and I do grabbing and pic honors.

I keep slinging my LC, and then it's my turn.

I know the pics suck, but you get the idea. I called it at 11, and visited with Arthur and Dana's family until tournament end. Got to see trolley's antics, and visit with bones and "the legend" a bit before trophy's were awarded, and said my good byes. A good time for sure. Bones, hope you got my pm. hehe

Dana, Thank You, Donna , Kaitlin and Brennan for your hard work and dedication to Team57. It was definitely another fun outing with Team57 hitting the surf. I really thought I was wearing out a little too fast that day. My feet were feeling like lead wieghts as the day wore on But, I did feel a little lighter on my feet after I dumped the water out of my leaky waders.

Arthur, thank you again my friend for hosting another fun Team57 event. Seeing you with the halibut has kind of rekindled my interest in hitting the surf again. Any chance you give lessons?

man was this a fun event or what
    i would like to thank every one that maid this event happen
    hanging with cool people, getting your line wet and non stop comedy
    what more can you ask for.
    vicki and i can't wait for the next surf event hopefully i'll be more prepared for surf fishing

Default fun fishing

WHAT A BLAST,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

This was one of the best in my book. Everyone was easy to access and talk to while fishing. How great it was to go to a team 57 event, fish, socialize, eat food, and still get home in time to spend quality family time.
    Arthur, this was the best!
    Congrats to all the winners.

Santa Fe Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Eric View Post
    and still get home in time to spend quality family time.
    ... watching football. lol j/k

Good seeing you out there, even though you did try to steal Trolly's thunder a la Kanye West. lol Classic!

WHAT an awesome day in the surf with my Team57 buddys, I can't wait for the next surf event! I really enjoyed the fact unlike many other kinds of fishing, walking the surf gave me the opportunity to be mobile, still fish and chat with a bunch of great people....I think thoughout the day I at some point I fished with Farmy, Bones, BigRed, Dana, Donna, Brennan, Trolly, Pontoon, NoHoArt, CityDad and CityGirl, Flyngby, Santa Fe, TO and Mr Bendo.

Arthur, Dana, Donna and oh yeah Wingnut Pug thank you for making the day happen....I had a BLAST!

TD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast