Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Giants .... er uh, ok..... HUNTING PERCH! LOL!

Exclamation Hunting Giants .... er uh, ok..... HUNTING PERCH! LOL!

It's funny how just fishing with family & friends, makes for a fun day.
    In fact, it was a PERFECT day! Thanks Arthur for putting this together ...... as it was nothing short of a great day & a great time!

Now before everyone starts in with the "nothing but perch" stuff...... we saw quite a few species caught this day! Barred Surf Perch, Walleye Perch, Thornback Rays, YFC's and Halibut!....... and yes, it was the hali-master himself that pulled the halibut!

This day, just clicked......... I can't remember having such a good time fishing with friends in the surf....... we had some "salad" in the water at times...... but the water eventually cleared and it was beautiful!

Kaity, Brennan, Donna & I arrived about 6:00am to start help setting up and we pulled up to see Wingnut already there!

First order of business....... get the awards set up!

Trophies, Plaques, Gift Cards, Cash and MORE...... ALL from the man himself......... WINGNUT!

In addition to all that.... EVERY participant went home with a FREE TEAM 57 T-SHIRT!

One of the STARS of FNN arrives!......

While its still early......... the "Conejo Kid" offers me up a couple tips as to his rigging.....

More of the participants arrive and get checked in.....

City Dad checks in with Wingnut Pug....... while TroutDog makes sure his name is spelled correctly on the trophy!

TroutDog getting his change back after purchasing his Mexican Waters Fishing Permit........

In the meantime....... the "Conejo Kid" is on the beach & fishing!

A few minutes later......... the "Conejo Kid" scores his FIRST SURF FISH EVER!..... and grabs the early lead!

City Girl keeping pace!

Trout Only getting ready to become "Perch Only"........

The Conejo Kid bags another one and I move in for a photo op............

Conejo Kid starts schooling everyone on perch fishing........... and now Trolly moves in for a photo op with "the kid".....

and then, it happens...... Trolly pushes the Conejo Kid outta the way and POACHES his spot! ......................... J/K! LOL!

Look at that poor heartbroken kid in the background....... not even wanting to to fish anymore................ LOL! J/K!

Mr. Bendo on his way over to strangle Trollmeister!
    Pat is wearing the newest "3rd grip" in camo seaweed color!

NoHo Art scores a fish!.........

Thank you Pontoon for finally catching a fish that allows me to see the TEAM 57 logo on your shirt!

Santa Fe Eric gets on the scoreboard with a thornback...........

A quick smile before being released.. lol!

Then.... just as the Conejo Kid is getting comfortable with the lead............ this guy walks down the beach with his latest catch!

JUST KIDDING.......... Im not in the derby!

Trolly adds to the stingray fun..........

Donna is always nice to the fish she catches.........

It didnt take long for master trout angler Mr.Bendo to figure out the perch bite.......

A couple of Legends.......... having fun with a couple of stingrays they caught ............ LOL!

Trout Only working the surf........

While the Conejo Kid and TroutDog make one last charge.......

Just about then I decide to take a break and head for the canopy.........
    and everyone in sight has a TRI TIP SANDWICH!

After some intense investigation........ I finally got Trolly to tell me where the tri tip was.........
    THANK YOU Chris for the all the tri-tip you brought to the event! OUSTANDING!

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED! GET EM' WHILE THEY LAST!

This was, without a doubt, one of the most fun events we've ever had......... those of you who didnt make it out, REALLY missed out on a great time!

Im gonna let Wingnut post up his stuff... which will include a re-cap on the BIG winners and what they won....... but three TEAM 57 members went home with some very nice prizes and cash!......... and a couple kids scored too!

What a great day, THANK YOU Arthur for ALL your hard work on this get together....., your VERY generous donations and most importantly, your friendship.

EVERYONE WENT HOME WITH A FREE TEAM 57 T-SHIRT...... AND SOME WENT HOME WITH LOTS MORE!

Thanks to my girl Donna for again helping me with everything. I don't know how you put up with all this, but Im a lucky man.

Thanks everyone!

Stay tuned.......... more coming up from Wingnut regarding this event!

Bummed I missed this event. You guys up north sure know how to put together a fishing party!

Looks like it was an event chock full of FNN regulars!! Good times.

Well, this event finally came to fruition and I must say, it went just about perfect! The surf was a little rough, but I'm pretty sure that EVERYBODY caught something. Thank you to all that came out for the event, I really appreciate your support. Special thanks goes out to Dana, Donna, Kaity & Brennan... couldn't have done it without you guys! People don't know what kind of support that I get from you guys behind the scenes. The friendly family atmosphere is what I enjoy the most at these events. From seeing Exfactor, Flyngby and Saltman showing at the crack of dawn offering their help to set-up. To being greeted with a bright smile from the Trollmeister and a hearty handshake from Pontoon. A big hug from our newest "Legend" Santa Fe Eric and a "Nice to see you again..." from CAPT'N and Fishyboy. Mr. Bendo calling for directions on which way to turn off the freeway to the nice hello from the coolest father & daughter surf fishing team of City Dad & City Girl. Troutdog, who is always there at every event lending his support for Team 57 and Hakaveli coming out to join the fun. To see TroutOnly in waders for the first time was priceless! Noho Art & Noho Vicki fishing together in the surf... someday I'll be lucky enough to find a fishing soul mate. Thank you Kewlwhip for showing up... once the event was over! Ha ha. The Pirate Crew sent a few of their representatives to show support, Farmacist & Big Red slaying Perch side by side... and of course, my surf fishing wingman, Bones... thanks for all your words of wisdom, support and for just being there. Last of all, thank you Wingnut Pug for hosting such a great event... here's to next year! Please forgive me and shoot me a PM if I missed anybody.

The coveted "Hunting Giants" awards.

Kaity Bug, thanks for being Wingnut Pug's bodyguard all day.

Mikey (Exfactor) ready for action. Mikey got one of the only two Halibut caught at the event.

Dennis (Hakaveli) shows up early, he heard that we were serving up a free breakfast. jk, lol
    Steve (Flyngby) busy devising his strategy for the day.

Ram (Saltman) skipped a day fishing at Pyramid lake to join us in the surf.

Tim & Kelly (City Dad & City Girl) ready to go with their secret weapon... lugworms!

Is that really Bob (TroutOnly) in waders?!?

Scott & Arthur (CAPT'N & Fishyboy) shows up to show their support. Arthur skipped a hot date just for the event!

Art & Vicki (Noho Art & Noho Vicki) make a good fishing team. Where's Cujo??? Aaron (Troutdog), like myself is flying solo.

Lucas & Mike (Big Red & Bones) can't wait to get their lines wet.

The "Legendary" duo, Team TrollToon, Chris & Terry.

The current reigning "Legend", Santa Fe Eric.
    Dude... that sweatshirt!

Bob with a little gift from Trolly.

And they're off...

Patrick with his state of the art surf gear.

Trolly with his surfer snagging gear!
    Thanks for the delicious tri-tip sandwiches Chris.

Friends share their worms...

"I'm hungry... I wonder what these Gulp bait tastes like?"

Brennan's (Conejo Kid) first ever surf fish!

Dana modeling the latest line of waders wear.

Bob with some technical difficulties.

A Legend in the Surf.

NoHo Art getting in the mix.

Mikey was tearing it up!

Ram in action.

Hakaveli shows how it's done... yo Dennis, what is the little net for... Grunions?!?

Steve asking himself, "Why is my Lucky Craft lure swimming funny...?

Quality good time!

Slaying the Perch with Lugworms.

Aaron with his personal best! jk, lol

Pirates represents!

This Perch was so big, Mike had to Boga Grip it!

Yes, it's true... Trolly ate a couple of live Perch. Hey Chris, it's a catch & release event... not a catch & deceased event... lol

I decided to join the action and hopped into the washing machine.

Wide open on baitfish... ha ha ha.

Did manage one of the right kind...

The Derby results! 1st, 2nd & 3rd wins cash, Bass pro Shop gift cards, A Lucky Craft lure and trophies. 4th & 5th wins a Lucky Craft lure and plaques.

5th Place... Brennan (Conejo Kid). Way to go buddy!

4th Place... Kelly (City Girl). Fantastic job!

3rd Place... Chris (Trollmeister). I was nice and didn't deduct any penalty points for deceased catch. lol
    BTW - It was surf water in the cup he was drinking.

2nd Place... Ram (Saltman). Excellent job!

1st Place... Dennis (Hakaveli), skillful angling there dude, congrats!

What a fun day!

Until next time... thanks for the great memories.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-23-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Adding pics! Spelling corrections.

TROLLY LOOKING FOR CLEAR WATER TO CAST TO !!!
    Wingnut told him that the LEGAL BUTTS were in the shallows....LOL

Had a great time Arthur and Dana!
    It was a blast to get to see all of the Old School guys get blasted by the surf. This little event had the "Family Feeling" of the old days for sure.
    We really got to do more of these quaint little get togethers. It doesn't take much to have a good time at the beach here in socal. Lots of eye candy and Trolly eating perch....LOL

Definately a good reason for regulars here to join the private forum!

Keep up the good work Team 57!!

Arthur....Kudos to ya my friend. You are truely a class act.....You really went out of your way to make this event a success and all of the stuff you donated is very appreciated.

GREAT JOB !!!
    Last edited by bones; 09-21-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Man that looks like it was one hell of a fun outing. Thanks for the play by play Dana! Wish I could've made it but was grounded that day.

Thanks again

_Bullets

I had a great time out there with everyone. By far one of the nicest days I've spent at the beach in a long time. Thanks again Arthur & Dana!

Had a great time fishing and meeting everyone . LETS DO IT AGAIN !!!! hahaha

Hopefully I'll be able to qualify next time you all get out to the surf. The report and pics were nice and trolly always looks like he is having a blast..

Man wish I coulda been there. Looked like an awesome event. Too bad my mom keeps me on a short leash...

I waited for this event for so long, cancelled the first time. I had car packed thursday night in anticipation of getting into the surf again and hanging with T57......Felt a little funny friday night as I got off work and thought I would just turn in early. After all, I was just tired, worked butt off all week and you know, just needed to relax......wow, surf in the am I am so excited.......Woke at 4:40 am as planned.....sniff, sniff, cough, cough, uh oh, go to the head, oh no, dizzy, feel chills, damn have a temp....well, maybe if I just lie down for awhile I'll be ok.....6am..not OK, maybe if I take a lil nap I'll be ok..........woke at noon, sweaty, coughing, sneezing, dizzy........I missed it, I can't believe I waited so long for the event and missed it....... Feel a little better today, cough is less and managed to stay up for a few hours. Don't know if I'll make it back to work tomorrow or not. I am depressed, didn't get to fish with T57 in the surf....bummer. Thanks for the great reports and pics, it helped a little, sort of........Hope you do this again Arthur, I'll be there no matter what next time......sniff sniff........OFG

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast