Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish Fridays @ SARL!

wooooo....an hour to go!! Thanks for the tips. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    you can dissagree all you want dana but its the facts. all you did was agree with me on what i said and i understand but how many people do you see there on a weekend now? i remember 8-10 years ago that it was elbow to elbow there even on weekdays it was hard to find a spot. the economy isnt the reason people arent going there. thats because 8-10 years ago they were putting in the fish they say and the fish that they "stocked" were coming out. sure it wasnt as good on tues-wed as it was on sat-sunday but they had more people fishing then too. i think now on an opening day they have the same amount of people there that they had 10 years ago on an off day like wensday. and when they "invited" you to watch is different. they probly invited you to watch stock for an opener when there closed the day before. im talking about there normal weekly stockings. i can even tell you what days and time they usualy come. they also transport the fish from the nets via trailer to the other lakes. those nets arent even big enough to support fish for the big lake between stockings let alone all 3. i understand that its a buisness and that they need to make money but changing the way they did wasnt what i would have done. hopefully it gets better because i have better luck at city parks that havent been stocked all year than sarl most of the time. btw if your fishing sarl and not catching... keep moving about every 20 mins till you find them. they tend to stay together there. also try right next to the docks behind the boats and there seemes to be a hole at the end of the dock closest to the launch ramp. good luck.

I'd argue the point further, but I gotta go see if I can locate the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll.....

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman57 View Post
    i'd argue the point further, but i gotta go see if i can locate the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll..... :rofl:
    lolol! :rofl:

thats fine i know how advertizing works and you have to back them up.

Bottom line everyone, Its just fishing. Some times you get lucky and get a limit and other times maybe one fish or none. Thats not the point . The point is you getting out and wetting a line. Spend some time outdoors either alone or with good company. fishing is fun and for me getting out and wetting a line is relaxing. If I catch a fish its a bonus.

I'm on my way. See you gents there.

Edit: Just came back home. The only way we could get any to bite was with hogwild, and thats not worth it...

I was everywhere, chris' pond, evrywhere. No 8 pounders as claimed. Hardly any were even close to 3 pounds.

Im siding with VG here, these guys just plain lied. From now on it's irvine for me. Screw SARL.
    Last edited by smokehound; 09-18-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Sarl Sucks

i was there friday night and nothing not only the 3 of us but the other fishermen as well. all i seen getting cought was baby cats, and i'm talking about 4 inches long cats.

I got there at about 530 on Friday and had no luck myself. All I got was a buzz and a view of fireworks from a some guy and his son, three groups to the left of us @ Levitz corner. Didnt seem like a good idea, more like he was scaring the fish away.
    I was there with good company though... good time, good times!

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I was everywhere, chris' pond, evrywhere. No 8 pounders as claimed. Hardly any were even close to 3 pounds.
    Im siding with VG here, these guys just plain lied. From now on it's irvine for me. Screw SARL.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrookie View Post
    i was there friday night and nothing not only the 3 of us but the other fishermen as well. all i seen getting cought was baby cats, and i'm talking about 4 inches long cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    I'd have to disagree VG.......

Let me see if I can help you understand it........

The nets are used for one reason and one reason only......... to make sure the lake has fish for an extended amount of time...... as it is COSTLY to have numerous trucks stock every other day or so......... These particular lakes are small and no where near the 700+ surface acres of other pay lakes...... a much smaller size lake...... requires a different approach.

Dump all the fish in at once and most will get fished out in a matter of days in a lake that small with that much pressure........ GUARANTEED.

Then what?....call the stocking truck again?....... that will cost MORE money....... and when that happens, entry prices will go up....... then you'd be complaining about the price increase..... correct?

Am I a fan of the holding nets?, no........... but I understand why they do it........

All ya gotta do is figure out the best days to be there........

Im not sure, but I dont believe they can even use the nets with water temps as high as they are right now.......... I believe the fish would die if held too long right now...... yes, even catfish.

Ive been invited to stockings at the lake many times and I can tell you first hand, it takes alot longer than "1 minute" to stock..... and they make sure to dispense & disperse fish around the entire lake & chris's pond.... Ive seen 10's of 1000's of pounds of fish planted in that lake...... first hand.

Here's a perfect example.......
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=24583&highlight=chaulk+mound

No need to bring a truck that size from Nebraska if all you're dumping is 800lbs.........

Im sorry you feel they are "shady" & that you "dont trust them"...... Im not here to defend them, but I'm posting WHAT I KNOW FOR A FACT......

There's limits to be had there...... some days easy limits, other days not so easy......... some days skunked.

Ive had them dump fish just for TEAM 57 events..... and I've been there when they did.... and so have many other TEAM 57 members......

Here's an example of that:
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=29770&highlight=lightning+trout

C'mon out to the Team 57 "Appreciation Day"..... Im having them bring in an extra load just for us......... have some fun with us VG...... I guarantee, its the best deal so far at SARL!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=38145

Hope to see ya there!

Missed seeing you at Legends III also!....... that was another day of great fishing after another GREAT TEAM 57 event!

Again, as I stated in my comment above...... you just gotta figure out the right day to go and do your homework. Obviously, there's alot of quality fish in there to be caught. Saint Arv is a regular there and has it appears to me that he's done his homework on the lake and knows how to fish it........

He was there the day AFTER you guys and scored fish.
    The pics DONT lie..........

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=38418

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THIS FRIDAY!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=38145

i know this lake gets a bad rap and sure they have the nets during TROUT SEASOIN but i recall catfish have the sharp fins and the actually get stuck in the holes of the net and end up tearing the net so ya

CORTRECT ME IF IM WRONG THEY DONT USDE THE NETS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE IN SUMMER THAT IS

i used to fish this santa ana literally everyday it was the only way i would do my homework plus its 5 minutes down the road from me and one day i could catch all the fish i wanted and the very next day i woludnt catch nothing so its fishing

i think you shoyld all stop complaing go out there on this upcoming friday have a good time w all of us team 57 members catch some fish and even if you dont come have a good time w all of us

i know where im fishing cuz i have had buddies go everyday this week and they have been in the same spot so fish next to me and hopefully they are still therer and if not no cryin were all adults come have fun

ive spent 300 dollars on fuel 100 on some bait logged 200 miles for a whole weekened in the ocean and came back empty handed IT HASPPENMS I KNOW THERE ARE FISH IN THE OCEAN BUT EVERYBODY DOESNT CATCH EVERYTIME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12