Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor kitty :(

Default Poor kitty :(

One of my cats - Stealth - got spooked tonight and managed to go headfirst through my living room window. Unfortunately, the window was closed at the time.
    He's in the hospital having his gaping neck wound stitched up and his baby sister is missing him like mad already, but he's coming home in the morning.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - first the car, then losing my job, and now the expense of the cat and getting the window replaced.

Someone get me a beer........

It's the grey one

Edit for update: Just talked to the vet, my baby boy is going to be fine and he's all stitched up but has 2 drains in him, poor little mite. Going to pick him up in 2 hours - have had zero sleep tonight!
    Last edited by Sue; 09-18-2009 at 05:25 AM.

Well they say things come in threes......This just means you got a few great things coming your way Sue!

*hands you a case of beer*

=-)

PS Glad the cat is doing ok! I think someone on here handles glass. Maybe you can get an FNNer to do your window cheaply!

Yikes Sue. Hope the kitty will be ok.

I got him back home around 8am all stitched and bandaged up. He managed to pull the collar off they had on him, and pull out the drain tube in his leg. We just got back from the vets AGAIN!

Silly little sod!!

Sorry to hear about all your troubles lately. Glad Stealth is okay. Keep that cone collar on and he should heal up fine.

Look at me! I did a silly thing and now I look even sillier!

Mummy has been quite worried, though and gets a little antsy every time I take my cone off! It's not my fault I've got a small neck and the cone irritates my stiches!

Glad your kitty is home and ok.

I remember when my kitty had a cone on his head for like ( well I do not remember how long it was now ) but that first day was bad. The cat was going crazy with that cone on his head. Jummping all over the place all pissed off. I thought for sure he was going to hurt himself. I really did not think that the cone would stay on that long either. The cat tryed his best every day to get that darn cone off his head. He was so happy to get it off though. Sorry about the thread jack.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 09-18-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Glad your kitty is home and ok.

I remember when my kitty had a cone on his head for like ( well I do not remember how long it was now ) but that first day was bad. The cat was going crazy with that cone on his head. Jummping all over the place all pissed off. I thought for sure he was going to hurt himself. I really did not think that the cone would stay on that long either. The cat tryed his best every day to get that darn cone off his head. He was so happy to get it off though. Sorry about the thread jack.

I ended up calling the vet again as he keeps taking it off - as long as I make sure the stitches are clean, he can keep the cone off - no point irritating his neck further or risking him tearing the stitches out by him trying to get it off.
    They cut the drain tubes a lot shorter, so he can't easily bite at them.
    Poor little bugger just wants to cuddle but it hurts his leg. I'm just glad he's ok - could have been SO much worse.

part of the problem with cones is the animals can see as well as they'd like to with them on. I know some pet stores sell the transparent ones that the cat should be able to see through, maybe that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by jim532 View Post
    part of the problem with cones is the animals can see as well as they'd like to with them on. I know some pet stores sell the transparent ones that the cat should be able to see through, maybe that will help.
    He has the transparent one (I have an awesome vet), but he's never worn a regular collar as he's an indoor cat so he's not used to having something around his neck. I'm surprised at how well he's tolerating the bandage!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast