Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Zilion drag upgrade?

Default Zilion drag upgrade?

Looking to upgrade the drag system on my Zillion, and since I have no experience with this, I need some info. First off what kind of washers, and what else can I do to the reel so that it both casts and retrieves like a dream? Thanks for the help

Default Zillion Upgrades

Congrats, on owning a bad *** reel. The upgrades are endless and can cost just as much as the reel it self. You can add carbontex drag washers which cost about $12.00 +calgrease+polish the spacers, you can replace the bushing in the levelwind with a bearing which will cost you about 14.00 with the spacer the size is 5x8x2.5, you can replace the spool and sideplate bearing with an abec 5 or 7 ceramic hybrid you need 1 3x10x4 and 1 5x11x4 these can cost you between 25$-50$ depending on which ones you go with I also recommend them dry if your fishing freshwater and last you can upgrade your handle to a 4 bearing handle it will not help your casting just makes your retreiving smoother, handles are preference and can cost between $50-$150 and lastly you need to install all of it and if your cant labor can cost you between $25-$50. If you have further questions send me a pm. I have reels with these upgrades and can do the work myself.

Eddie
    aka bigreeler

Bigreeler.. Good stuff....

If your going to do the work yourself.
    I always recommend "Smooth drags dot com". Dawn will set you up with anything you need.
    From Drag plates to washers to bearings (Stainless & ceramic). Top of the line Oils and grease and a few tools also...