Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Question about my shimano reels

Default Question about my shimano reels

i have a cardiff 400a and a curado 200e7 and i would like to send them in and get them professionally cleaned. my question is how would i do this.

There is a form on the Shimano website you need to fill out if you want to ship it in. Otherwise, drop by the warehouse in Irvine off the 5fwy. Simply give them the reel and come back a few days later. If it's not under warranty, they might charge you $20 each.

Give them a Call......

Shimano American Corp
    1 Holland Dr
    Irvine, Ca 92618
    877-577-0600
    6 AM – 5 PM M-F
    Current Turnaround Time for Reel Repair is
    3 weeks

Service Pricing
    $20 Power Price Point
    $25 Spinning
    $25 Baitcasting
    $30 Platinum
    $30 Conventional
    $35 Two Speed
    $45 Big Game

Another option is Reel-ex. I just used them for the first time and they are very quick and professional. They only service Shimano and know the reels very well, I sent in four reels and they had them serviced and sent out the next day, the shipping is the longest part of the process.

http://reel-ex.com/

Default Reel Cleaning

As previous stated you can contact Shimano. There is other options do it yourself, take them to your local tackle shop which usually cost under $20.00 for the labor plus parts. If you have used them pretty hard I suggest carbontex upgrade and if you feel like buring some $$$ I suggest a spool and sideplate bearing upgrade for further casting distance.

Eddie
    aka bigreeler