Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WANTED 14' to 16' Boat

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    there are lots of places around castaic to store boats..... theres one next to the Pilot gas station maybe you can check there.... it's like $30-$+60 a month depending on boat's length.....

Good Luck!
    Awesome, I went to the Pilot gas station the other day but didn't see any storage place near it. It was dark outside, so that is probably why I didn't see it. Pretty cheap, know what it is called so I can call them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Awesome, I went to the Pilot gas station the other day but didn't see any storage place near it. It was dark outside, so that is probably why I didn't see it. Pretty cheap, know what it is called so I can call them? Thanks!
    I think this is the place... but if it's too expensive you'll find plaenty other ones around that area...

http://castaiclakestorage.com/

I think this is the place... but if it's too expensive you'll find plaenty other ones around that area...

http://castaiclakestorage.com/
    Ya, I called that place, but didn't realized it was right near the Pilot gas station. They said about $57 for a 17 foot boat. Which I will probably get a 17 foot or larger if I am going to have to store it somewhere.

If it needs to hold 4-5 people and be strong enough to pull a skier you are definitely looking for a larger boat. If you are planning on skiing with 3-4 passengers in the boat while skiiing you will need a fairly large power plant on the back of that bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    If it needs to hold 4-5 people and be strong enough to pull a skier you are definitely looking for a larger boat. If you are planning on skiing with 3-4 passengers in the boat while skiiing you will need a fairly large power plant on the back of that bad boy.
    So you suggest a bigger boat? I don't think my dad will go for a bigger boat. He really doesn't want to pay for storage unless he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    So you suggest a bigger boat? I don't think my dad will go for a bigger boat. He really doesn't want to pay for storage unless he has to.
    did u see the boat I posted before Bing?
    15' fish/ski boat....
    http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/1379242786.html

15' fish/ski boat....
    I'm actually going to go check this boat out in a little while, lol.

EDIT: I'm going to probably check it out in the morning. The seller is busy tonight.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 09-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.

15' fish/ski boat....

100hp outboard will not pull up a skier with 4 passangers in the boat and a skier on the backside. New outboards are rated at the prop so that means 100hp at the prop output. Outboards of that age in the add above (also the outboard that was on the green machine I had) were rated at the power head. So, 100hp back in the day was less than 100hp of today. I would say probably 10hp - from the rating. That is a great boat Geo, but for someone looking for a boat to pull a skier with 4 passengers in the boat, that wont getter done im afraid. but thats just my 2c worth! :)

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    100hp outboard will not pull up a skier with 4 passangers in the boat and a skier on the backside. New outboards are rated at the prop so that means 100hp at the prop output. Outboards of that age in the add above (also the outboard that was on the green machine I had) were rated at the power head. So, 100hp back in the day was less than 100hp of today. I would say probably 10hp - from the rating. That is a great boat Geo, but for someone looking for a boat to pull a skier with 4 passengers in the boat, that wont getter done im afraid. but thats just my 2c worth! :)
    Really?!? 100 hp will not do it? It will probably have 2 adult and 2 kid passengers and then probably me getting towed behind it on a skurf board. (Skurf board comes with that boat and I want to try it, lol)

EDIT: The motor is newer than the boat. The boat used to have a 55 hp Mercury, but the he got a 100 hp Johnson and put it on there.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 09-18-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast