Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just an "FYI"

Sorry to hear about the unemployeeeeeeeeeeement scare has hit FNN.

" There is just no jobs out there anywhere right now"

I dont believe that.We are just spoiled californians and we want it our way,or no way.Is it there's no jobs out there that pay the wages u want.Or no jobs at all? I know lots of people who say,i'll never work retail.I'll never work,fast food.I couldnt work in the heat and rain(construction).I couldnt deal with those bad *** kids(LAUSD).
    With that attitude,some folks just knocked out about 2000 places to work.Lowes is always hiring.What do you know about home improvement? We all know a lil about home improvement.Just a lil help for you brotha man.Lowes offers everything you need to start.Young,old,vetran,disabled.
    Full benefits and you can add your family on all your benifits. Dental,medical,vision,401k.Paid vacation,holiday pay.Personal stress leaves with pay.Off on Thanksgiving,and Christmas.I sound like a recruiter....lma0

Oh and by the way.I rather a 40 year old,than a young buck.Young bucks call out,no responsibilities.Want to party on weekends.Come in hung over.Leaving early from work etc.Someone of you age is mature,no how to deal with the public,and can relate to the public.You have a family and understand the household needs.I tell my manager all the time.If you give me a youngster im going to put in a transfer to a different department and any department would take me in a heartbeat becuase I got major skillZ.c0m ! Holla !

www.Lowes.com !! Good luck !
    Last edited by Hitts0n; 09-17-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Sorry to hear about the unemployeeeeeeeeeeement scare has hit FNN.

" There is just no jobs out there anywhere right now"

I dont believe that.We are just spoiled californians and we want it our way,or no way.Is it there's no jobs out there that pay the wages u want.Or no jobs at all? I know lots of people who say,i'll never work retail.I'll never work,fast food.I couldnt work in the heat and rain(construction).I couldnt deal with those bad *** kids(LAUSD).
    With that attitude,some folks just knocked out about 2000 places to work.Lowes is always hiring.What do you know about home improvement? We all know a lil about home improvement.Just a lil help for you brotha man.Lowes offers everything you need to start.Young,old,vetran,disabled.
    Full benefits and you can add your family on all your benifits. Dental,medical,vision,401k.Paid vacation,holiday pay.Personal stress leaves with pay.Off on Thanksgiving,and Christmas.I sound like a recruiter....lma0

Oh and by the way.I rather a 40 year old,than a young buck.Young bucks call out,no responsibilities.Want to party on weekends.Come in hung over.Leaving early from work etc.Someone of you age is mature,no how to deal with the public,and can relate to the public.You have a family and understand the household needs.I tell my manager all the time.If you give me a youngster im going to put in a transfer to a different department and any department would take me in a heartbeat becuase I got major skillZ.c0m ! Holla !

www.Lowes.com !! Good luck !
    Ive been working commercial/residential plumbing for 7 years. I showed up to work on time every day...My foreman told me I was the hardest working guy in my crew...yet he still handed me my layoff papers about 8 months ago. "It came from above me". I applied at lowes, home depot, Osh...7 months ago. I went and talked to the HR managers and they said they would "keep my application on file" and call me for an interview when they have an opening. As far as working at a fast food joint....just to be realistic, Im making for off unemployment than I would make flippin burgers. Im also on the waiting list for an interview to work for the city....Last time i checked LAUSD was cutting costs. I tried looking for side gigs on Craigslist. That didnt pan out...They want you to drive 50 miles...work for 2 hours...then pay you $20. That would just about cover gas! I guess i COULD go stand in front of a Home Depot and hope somebody picks me up instead of the Illegal dude next to me...I havent tried that one yet.

I know your post was intended to cheer us unemployed people up...but i just thought id share.

I have decided to go back to school and learn a different trade. Next time the economy takes a $#IT Ill have more options...

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    Ive been working commercial/residential plumbing for 7 years. I showed up to work on time every day...My foreman told me I was the hardest working guy in my crew...yet he still handed me my layoff papers about 8 months ago. "It came from above me". I applied at lowes, home depot, Osh...7 months ago. I went and talked to the HR managers and they said they would "keep my application on file" and call me for an interview when they have an opening. As far as working at a fast food joint....just to be realistic, Im making for off unemployment than I would make flippin burgers. Im also on the waiting list for an interview to work for the city....Last time i checked LAUSD was cutting costs. I tried looking for side gigs on Craigslist. That didnt pan out...They want you to drive 50 miles...work for 2 hours...then pay you $20. That would just about cover gas! I guess i COULD go stand in front of a Home Depot and hope somebody picks me up instead of the Illegal dude next to me...I havent tried that one yet.

I know your post was intended to cheer us unemployed people up...but i just thought id share.

I have decided to go back to school and learn a different trade. Next time the economy takes a $#IT Ill have more options...
    i have a good buddy that was laid off also,and i told him to get back to school,learn another trade more options ,the more you know the better your off.

Sorry to hear about your job loss. I know you will find something soon. I remember when my husband was first laid off back when he was in his 50's and he thought no one would want to hire him either because of his age. He was over qualified for most of the jobs available which kept him from getting a few of the jobs he applied to, but it wasn't as difficult as he thought. Good luck on the job search Steve.

sorry to hear about your job loss, hopefully you find something better in this economy. good luck!

Hey Steve... what they said man! 40 aint nuthin...i've worked with old guys before!!! They get hired too!

Really hope it all works out as soon as possible...we'll be holdin good thoughts for you on this end! Rich.

I'm saddened at the news Steve, but I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle again very soon. Stay possitive.

"Everything will be okay in the end. If things are not okay... it's not the end."

omg...I REALLY APPRECIATE all the great words people...thank you very much..it makes me feel a lot better..

and nice reply vic...very nice...

GD

Hey Steve, as i said i will take you and your daughter out as soon as I get my boat. Still searching... Good luck brotha!

Most importantlyl, think optomistic.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast