Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just an "FYI"

Default Just an "FYI"

I am no longer employed at Long Beach Sportfishing guys and gals.....finally, the economy has caught up to me....

Now, I need to find a job, so that I may take care of my family, and have no idea what I am going to do. I am almost 40 years old, pretty much at that age where companies don't hire you, unless you are very lucky.

Anyways, take care....GD out.....

GD
    Last edited by ghetto dad; 09-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Hey Steve i wish for the best for you and i hope you find a job fast and everything picks up for you and for everybody else.

Take Care,

Lucas

"DAMN" Steve I am sorry to hear that buddy, hang in there...just remember when one door closes another one opens. Don't get hung up on the age thing homie, hard work and ethics trump age! You'll see something good will come your way. I will keep my ears open for any job leads.

Lauren and I will be sending good vibes and saying a prayer for you and your family's well being. Stay tough and stay positive, DON'T let LBSF's loss get you down!

TD

Steve,

Sorry to hear that man, it certainly is a tough economy right now and its hitting everyone..........

On a personal note, THANK YOU for all the support and donations that you made happen and gave to FNN / TEAM 57 event raffles. I appreciate that very much. I'm sure the members do as well.

Don't dwell on the age issue, now that its an "employers market" most employers are looking for the cream of the crop when they sift thru their applicants and good old fashion "experience" can count a whole lot.

Use your connections and get ahold of the people you know and I have a feeling you'll be back at em' in no time!

I still have your TEAM 57 award, and we'll get together at some point and Ill get it to you!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    Steve,

Sorry to hear that man, it certainly is a tough economy right now and its hitting everyone..........

On a personal note, THANK YOU for all the support and donations that you made happen and gave to FNN / TEAM 57 event raffles. I appreciate that very much. I'm sure the members do as well.

Don't dwell on the age issue, now that its an "employers market" most employers are looking for the cream of the crop when they sift thru their applicants and good old fashion "experience" can count a whole lot.

Use your connections and get ahold of the people you know and I have a feeling you'll be back at em' in no time!

I still have your TEAM 57 award, and we'll get together at some point and Ill get it to you!

Dana
    thanks everyone...yeah Dana, I already put the word out....I dont remember the last time I was ever "unemployed" as I have been working since I was a kid, out on my own since I was 16......I dont even know how to file unemplyment, my wifes gonna help me tonight when she gets home....

GD

Oh im so sorry to hear that Steve. Hopefully you can find something quick!

Too bad, LBSF is about to lose some really good business.......You kept that place going. Hopefully your ex boss will see this and think twice. Need a good recommendation, feel free to use my name as a reference. Keep in touch. OFG

Thanks everyone...and PLEASE, I know a few of you might not fish there now..but the boats and crews need your biz.....at least the ones that deserve your biz...keep on fishin there, as long as you are treated well.....

thanks everyone

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Thanks everyone...and PLEASE, I know a few of you might not fish there now..but the boats and crews need your biz.....at least the ones that deserve your biz...keep on fishin there, as long as you are treated well.....

thanks everyone

GD
    Sorry to hear about that steve, I know for a fact you'll get on a job quick, no doubt about that, your a good person and friend. I'll keep an eye out for anything that comes up.
    "If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't you're right". I know you can steve.

There is an old saying: "the older the ginger, the better". I'm sure you have qualities that companies are looking for. Stay optimistic, something good will come your way.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast