Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lobster limit question

Default Lobster limit question

If I'm on my buddys boat who does not have a lobster card and lic is 7 still the limit since I'm the only licensed fisherman? But if I give him 7 and get 7 more for me (14 total on the boat) is that OK? Or just tell the cheap bastard to get a lic and card. Or would just a lobster card be ok?

The way I'm reading the regs, every person on the boat must have a fishing license and ocean enhancement stamp and lobster card and gauge. Doesn't matter if he's not fishing for lobster. If he's on the boat and at least one person is doing it they they all have to have the license and gear.

Actually you can certainly give it to him but he doesn't have a license he will get a ginormous ticket! LOL. Sorry had to do it. Not only do you need a license and your buddy but you will also need a report card.

but I can GIVE them to whomever when I get home. Funny regs.
    I'm well within regs. He needs to get licenses and a guage.
    Anyone up for a kayak hoopmeet during the opener?

And "DO" plan on getting checked on opener!!! I wait a few days myself.

I might be doing it from a Ski-doo.

Quote Originally Posted by kwest10 View Post
    but I can GIVE them to whomever when I get home.
    If there are any that you do not want please contact me for proper disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    If there are any that you do not want please contact me for proper disposal.
    you're number 2148023948029385 in line. Everyone keeps asking when I"m going.
    Can anyone give me an idea of just HOW nuts the opener is going to be? If I launch at 10PM Oct 2nd is that too late to set up?

i have never done this. how many hoop nets should you have?

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    i have never done this. how many hoop nets should you have?
    Section 29.80 of the DFG Handbook

(b) Baited hoop nets may be used to take spiny lobsters and all species of crabs. Between Point Arguello, Santa Barbara County, and the United States-Mexico border, not more than five baited hoop nets may be fshed by a person to take spiny lobster and crab, not to exceed a total of 10 baited hoop nets fished from any vessel.

If you've never done this before PLEASE read the DFG handbook. There's lot's of restrictions and rules on the take of spiny lobsters. Unless you like paying the fines when you get caught by DFG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast