Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake 9-12-09 "A Fisherman's Worst Nightmare"

Default Irvine Lake 9-12-09 "A Fisherman's Worst Nightmare"

My Dad and I once again paid the Vine a visit. We decided to get to the lake towards the end of the afternoon on Saturday. The weather was nice and not to hot at all. Said whats up to Whitney and the gang up at the shop and picked up a Irvine Lake Rewards Card. Irvine Lake is doing good things!

We then commenced our launch and we were off to the spot.

TROUT ISLAND IS BECOMING A PENNISULA AGAIN.

We set up in our spot and landed a bass unintentionally on a nightcrawler (SAFELY RELEASED!!!)

Then as the sun starting dipping behind the hill the catfish came out to play!!!!!!!!! And Man O Man did they come out! It was on fire out there guys!

The title of the post is "A Fisherman's Worst Nightmare" for a reason. At one point we had one rod after another get hooked up and we actually landed all of these.. so at one point we had no rods in the water and 4 fish in the boat with hooks swallowed to the stomach!! It was quite the sight. I took a deep breathe and looked around the boat to see 4 very nice catfish scattered all over the deck and then I said to my Dad. This is "A Fisherman's Worst Nightmare". I got a good laugh out of him.

Im sorry if I alarmed anyone.
    The "Nightmare" is just that we didnt have any lines in the water!!!!

We ended the night on a double hook up. My Dad is halfway through fighting his fish and then another rod gets slammed!! I grab it and hold on while I net my Dads fish. While netting my Dads fish I had the light in one hand.. the net in the other.. and I had the rod with my fish on it between my legs!!!! Absolutely crazy..

After landing my Dads fish.. I battle this Catfish which turns out to be 9lbs 8oz and measuring 28 inches!

My Dad and I agreed that for pretty much every fish landed we had another 2 fish run or hit the bait. The fish that did take the bait completely swallowed the hook which is a rareity in our experience. We were experimenting with both treble hooks and single hooks.

We ended up with our limit of 5 each.. 10 total between us.. not counting the light hits and many run and drops.

Good Fishing out at the Vine.
    Tight Lines,

johnsfishing
    Last edited by johnsfishing; 09-16-2009 at 06:09 PM.

YOU GUYS KILLED IT!!!!!

WTG John and Glen, thanks for the great read and pics....keep'em coming!

TD

John (and Glen!), it's always a pleasure to read your reports! You guys rocked it out there the other night!

Default The vine

GREAT JOB JOHN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Great going John & Glen.

When i read Nightmare I thought forsure the boat sank .. Glad it turned well.. props

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    When i read Nightmare I thought forsure the boat sank .. Glad it turned well.. props
    I was thinking the same thing. Either boat or fishing rods lost/broken.

Being on a wide open bite is no nightmare. Thanks for sharing your wild ride with us John.

My worst nightmare is something along the lines of Deliverance...

Awesome job out there. You freakin' killed it.

Wow. Great job. Thanks for the report.

man i got worried....lol...beautiful slay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast