Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: "new boat"!!!

Default "new boat"!!!

Ok the hype is done I did get a "New-ish" BOAT wooooooohooooooo

I bought a................

Keep on goin'

A Classic 1969 17' BOSTON WHALER NAUSETT!!!

A weird twist of fate eh? I was still considering the 20' Key West but it's too much for us and is impractical for us anyways (Wont fit in my driveway!). It has no motor at the moment and again I'm thinkin' of New motor,but I'll wait and get myself a Yammie then I'll buy a 115 E-tec. It's dirty in the pic but everything is fine and solid! A little waxing,buffing and were in business,,,

Nice boat Gordy.......................

Capt'n

Nice boat Gerdy good job trying to copy my 18 ft whaler your dad looks Stoked in the pics.

Bigred

Congrats on the boat, Geordy! Keep looking for deals. If you can find an 8HP Honda for $60, you should be able to find a 115 Yammy for about $900. Honestly a 90 2-stroke can push that boat just fine.

Kev

Thanks All! My dad was always wanting to get a 17' Whaler.... We paid 2k for it.... Really great deal considering it's a classic and with running motor and cleaning value jacks up to $6k or so.... Kev, I'm looking for a motor 75-115 for the moment... my dad wants to finish payin' off some bills then we'll get a 90 Honda or 90 Etec.... Kinda want etec, but honda is $2k cheaper....lol.... and about 30lb weight difference aint bad at all.... 115 would make it hit high 40s low 50s .... hahaha will need new pants lol.... Gonna add some electronics, Radio/Gps/fishfinder.... So In total: 2k Whaler, 9k Motor, 1k on electronics and accessories.... damn,,,lol,,,

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    Thanks All! My dad was always wanting to get a 17' Whaler.... We paid 2k for it.... Really great deal considering it's a classic and with running motor and cleaning value jacks up to $6k or so.... Kev, I'm looking for a motor 75-115 for the moment... my dad wants to finish payin' off some bills then we'll get a 90 Honda or 90 Etec.... Kinda want etec, but honda is $2k cheaper....lol.... and about 30lb weight difference aint bad at all.... 115 would make it hit high 40s low 50s .... hahaha will need new pants lol.... Gonna add some electronics, Radio/Gps/fishfinder.... So In total: 2k Whaler, 9k Motor, 1k on electronics and accessories.... damn,,,lol,,,

Sell it and then go get a older 20 Wellcraft cuddy cabin with a good hull and transom then repower it and make her up to date i see them go on ebay for 600 to 1200 with nice trailers.

Bigred

Bigred

Congrats on the purchase of another whaler!

You have a lot of work ahead of you to do on that skiff if you want her ready for a hot date on Prom night....

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Congrats on the purchase of another whaler!

You have a lot of work ahead of you to do on that skiff if you want her ready for a hot date on Prom night....

I love it Sansumo!
    I'll sure be proud if thats the case! Woooohooo!

Nice little Whaler, I restored one a few years ago, it came out really nice! These little Whalers work out really well for lakes and near shore ocean! Congrats