Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a beef jerky recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by syiamonster View Post
    just mix up some soy sauce, sugar, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes, the more the better =)

and i usually use the dehydrator, but let me know how it comes out in the oven...
    i also add a couple of tbl spoons of housin sauce it works beller in the oven if you use a cookie cooler rack so the meat wont sit in own juice so it will dry quicker and i forgot i like course black pepper instead of the red sometimes good luck :hometown:

get some buffalo from trader joes, and add lemon pepper, or habonaro or garlic and onion salt.

Pretty basic... recipes already given... oven temp should be set at the lowest temperture until your jerky is completely dry.

I've made lots of jerky, but this is my latest trick.
    Use your basic salt,brown sugar and water marinade. Now add Marsala wine.
    Marinate overnite...I use my Cookshack Fast Eddy smoker to dry.
    Here's the kicker...after meat is dried, heat and mix 2 parts dark corn syrup, one part water, one part Marsala wine. Soak dried meat in this for about 15 minutes, then put on a rack to redry. This gives it that sweet glaze. You can also sprinkle red pepper flakes on at this time if you like a kick.

The Marsala wine also works for smoked fish...

I make alot of jerky. I used to brine and all that stuff. Then I found this product called "High Mountain" jerky cure and spice. It has a cure so your jerky has a long shelf life. The thing I like about it is once you cured the meat you can dry it in your oven for 1 1/4 hour to final product. It's simple good and fairly fast. Jim

A good temp is 150 to 160 degrees, pending how thin you slice the meat will determine how long you dry it.
    I just made some elk jerky, sliced 1/4 in. thick, marinated in a spicey teriyaki sauce for 3 days, set my dehydrator at 160 degrees and let dry for 4.5 hours. It came out so great, too bad you're there and I'm here :P
    Dehydrators aren't that expensive if you want to make jerky or dry fruits and veggies. I got my new dehydrator on ebay, a good 700 watt Nesco with 5 trays included for $58.00 with free shipping, and 6 more trays that fits this model dehydrator for $46. Way cheaper than buying those at Bass Pro or Cabelas. Those are going for $170 not including the extra trays.
    Now all I can think of is my jerky, gonna go have some now !
    TTFM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12