Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most variety ive seen at Cabrillo Pier! 9/12

Default The most variety ive seen at Cabrillo Pier! 9/12

Fished Cabrillo Pier with my cuz Hbomb and my brother. I didnt expect much so i didnt even bother bringing the digi cam.

dont really want to type a long @$$ pier report so here are the totals

Me: 2 huge spotfin croakers, 3 or 4 pile perch, 1 opaleye, 2 sculpin, 1 short halibut...um i think thats it...

hbomb: 1 halibut, some pile perch, 1 sandbass...Did i miss something?

Bro: 1 sculpin, 1 kelpfish

ALL FISH RELEASED

This is the best ive seen Cabrillo in a while...saw some nice sandbass, short cuda and a legal hali come over the rail.

only took a couple pics with my phone:

Spotfin Croaker- the pic doesnt do it justice. I had NO idea how hard these fish fight. And the grunts while i was trying to unhook him...WOW what a brute! I hope to run into these more often!

Hbomb's short flatty

Uhhh yeah, the 2 birds I hooked diving at the secret weapon, cant believe you didnt take a pic. I soon as I threw it in, bammm the bird dove down and got hooked, same thing happened with the 2nd one, birds safely released and flew away. It was a good day.

Nice spotfin. I can see youre entire family went also.

nice work out there! never fished there, but ive heard some good things about it..

Quick! Hide the spotfin before CANGLER sees it!

Nice job, non-african-american Victor101.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb View Post
    Uhhh yeah, the 2 birds I hooked diving at the secret weapon, cant believe you didnt take a pic. I soon as I threw it in, bammm the bird dove down and got hooked, same thing happened with the 2nd one, birds safely released and flew away. It was a good day.
    Haha! yeah forgot about that. That lure looks so good man...even the birds wanted to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    lolz@ family... We need to fish again cuz... set up a randevous.

Quote Originally Posted by lngbchfnhnter View Post
    nice work out there! never fished there, but ive heard some good things about it..
    Thanks man.. It an OK spot at best, but there are some quality fish there if you look for them. Some of the regulars(fish there just about every day) come up on Legal halibut often.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansou View Post

Haha.. non-african-american... thanks for the reply Ricardo. Whens the next trip to Baja Norte?
    Last edited by victor101; 09-12-2009 at 06:00 PM.

[QUOTE=victor101;386273]Haha! yeah forgot about that. That lure looks so good man...even the birds wanted to eat it.

Hey vic, at first maybe I thought it was those burritos you ate yesterday, but finally realized it was the spotfin croaker making the noises.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post

Nice report homie, good to see you dont forget where you come from holmes....I bet you rolling into SP and getting on the pier is like "The Game" rolling into CPT........straight up fools rushing you, huh??? "Hey Meester, can chu sign my spark plug mang?"

GD

dude..i think you got even darker after that Liberty trip....make sure you have the flash on for those night fishing trips!!
    Last edited by ghetto dad; 09-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post

Nice report homie, good to see you dont forget where you come from holmes....I bet you rolling into SP and getting on the pier is like "The Game" rolling into CPT........straight up fools rushing you, huh??? "Hey Meester, can chu sign my spark plug mang?"

GD

dude..i think you got even darker after that Liberty trip....make sure you have the flash on for those night fishing trips!!
    Awwwwmaaaann...what a d*** LMAO....I know man. I looked at my pic after I uploaded it. I got darker! I need to wear sunscreen all the time now!

WTF... How many consecutive days of fishing have you got in already bro??? Lucky dog.... Nice spots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast