Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lake Access?

Default Castaic Lake Access?

I'm thinking of doing some shore fishing in Castaic this weekend and I'm checking the maps to see where I can go. When I was young I used to hike in from the back of the lake off of Castaic Reservoir Road but that's a long hike. I notice a road closer to the eastern boat launch called Ball Point Road, and on the map I see what looks like a parking lot. Does anyone know if that is accessible? or is it blocked off? Also any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was also taking a look at Silverwood and some of the roads around it. I notice there is parking on the road on the West bank of the lake and on the Eastern side of the dam. Do I need any permits or passes to be able to park there?
    Last edited by Ishikowa; 09-12-2009 at 01:34 AM.

if you are going to castaic, they have closed all those old roads. at silverwood you can go in by the dam and take the dirt road around or park at the dam, but you need an adventure pass, and if you are taking the dirt road you need a truck or jeep.

Thanks!