Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SARL 09-04 evening session

Default SARL 09-04 evening session

It is WFO. Go get them
    Last edited by cklovetofish; 09-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Man that sucks. Were you guys using different baits and still no fish?

Quote Originally Posted by cklovetofish View Post
    What a disappointing evening today was.
    We were there with a big group (6 guys) with 15 rods lining up half the width at the shore we were at.
    By sunset, there were some of nibblings, and by dark, the guy that usually got the least fish got 4 fish. I only got 1. The rest none, zip.
    We fish until 10:30 pm and not even a single nibble on any of the 15 rods since the last fish. Come on, almost 3 hours and nothing!
    SARL staff told us that they stocked the fish yesterday and today.
    Either they are lying, or the full moon put out a curse on us and the rest of the people on the lake.
    For the last 3 hours only saw 2 fish total pulled by other people. I hope SARL did not put the big lure ($9.95 on Fridays) and we bit it big time.
    ok 6 guys 2 rods each? there should only be 12 rods in the water! its not cool to brake the rules.

It was probably the full moon, I have never had good luck fishing on a full moon, but that is just me.

I was there too, and no love on anchovies, mackerel. They were biting nightcrawlers but they wouldnt take the whole worm.

The people next to me were slaying them with mealworms.

They were using a high-low rig. I was using a C-rig, and it just wasnt workin.

Oh well i'll be there next friday, and this time im gonna get some mealworms, as well as use a high-low setup.

Quote Originally Posted by cklovetofish View Post
    You and your freaking rules. But for your info, only 11 rods with bait are in the water at one time. You go and tell the staff to put in the fish as they are said or suppose to.
    I guess you never drive past 65 mph.
    Get a life and do what it takes to get some fish.
    less rods = more fish... havent you figured that out yet? cheap fisherman.

maybe you shoulda tried moving??

We did. Not all of us though. We sent scouts out to different spots and same difference.

Must be the full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    less rods = more fish... havent you figured that out yet? cheap fisherman.
    lol lol lol i was there 2 weeks ago and got 3 limits............... as i see it since i don't eat them i just trow them back and get another one..........i just don't know why is so hard there the fish are in water.lol lol

The catfish were everywhere, but they were most numerous on the east shoreline.

Very few people caught anything on the north shore. they were all less than 20 feet within the shoreline. Unlike most fish, catfish have an acute sense of hearing. I had fish rolling around right next to the shore, in front of me. Catfish DO hit c-rigs, but its alot easier if you use a setup with hanging hooks, because catfish arent true bottomfeeders, they are active opportunistic predators, this behavior is best seen in flathead cats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast