Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Life Vest question

1. Default Life Vest question

I am just wondering if life vest is required for tubing the bay like Newport or San Pedro. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Life Vest question

Quote Originally Posted by Matador1238
    I am just wondering if life vest is required for tubing the bay like Newport or San Pedro. Thanks for the help.
    YES !! ! has to be readily accessible... You can tow it or carry it, doesnt have to be worn...

3. Default

Thanks for your help, Nessie. I need to go buy me a life vest.

i made the mistake of buying an expensive one. just buy a cheapie and tow around with you.

Lets tube sometime.

Bought mine at Wal-Mart $20.00 :wink:

I have one of those $5.00 BRIGHT orange ones. I throw it in the back of my FC4. Not only is it cheap, but it meets the "144 square inches of orange" alot of lakes require to be on a tube. I assume it meets it anyway - never been scolded for not spray painting my tube orange.

Hey guys, how you doing. I don't tube as I'm a pontoon guy myself but I feel compelled to chime in on your pfd thread. I think buying a cheap flotation devise is not the way to go. The cheap orange ones are plastic bladders filled with absorbant material. If one of the bladders leak that section of the flotation devise becomes an anchor devise. If you get hit by some drunk *** in a boat I hope you have what you need to stay afloat. You guys are to cool to drown for cheap crap. Peace Ron