Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 6/24-6/25 first overnigher on the gallilean

Default 6/24-6/25 first overnigher on the gallilean

went on my first overnighter out of fishermans landing this past weekend. i had a blast and am probably gonna go again in august....not much luck on my side this trip though... i had two solid hits, one using a dine and one on the troll using a cedar plug, but the fish just didnt wanna give me joy on my first overnighter. ended up taking home a skunk (which i thought was impossible on cattle boats!)

bored on the troll...

the crew was awesome aboard this boat....all the deckhands were on top of everything, watching tangles and calling the "over under" perfectly. the captian, harlen was also a great guy...when we would be on fish he would come down and grab a rod, and if he hooked up he would yell out "WHO HASNT COUGHT A FISH YET?" and hand off the rod to them....awesome bunch and they definately made my experiance worth while...even when i unexpectantly decided to set up my own biological chumline in the morning, one of the deckhands came right up to me and gave me like 5 packs of saltine crackers...which suprisingly helped. anyways like i said...i got the skunk, but will be going back in august to redeem myself.

the trip produced about 12 or so yellowtail, 4 albies and 2 bluefin if i remember correctly with 20 anglers.

gear used: 6'6" seeker rod, penn jigmaster with 25lb flouro, 2/0 flyliners..

2nd place fish...33 lb. yellowtail...jackpot fish was a 34 lb. bluefin tuna.

to the victors go the spoils..

Hi rcfb73,

Good try anyways!

Await your next trip ..... skunk or no!

JapanRon

too bad for the :skunk:, don't worry though, all this hot weather is going to open up the bite :twisted:

You'll catch a few next time! Thanks for the report. :wink: