Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Gm of the year

Default Gm of the year

I am thinking ned colletti has a good chance any other opinions

Default ya never know.....

With his contract expiring at the end of the season, Ned Colletti might have earned a renewal with his most recent discount shopping.

The Dodgers not only added veterans Jim Thome(notes) and Jon Garland(notes) on Monday, they will get cash to help pay for the new additions. The Dodgers reportedly are only on the hook for $1 million of the $2.4 million Thome is still owed this season. The White Sox will pay the rest.

The deal for Garland is even better. The Diamondbacks reportedly will pay the rest of the $1.2 million the right-hander is set to make this season, plus a buyout for a 2010 mutual option that will be either $1 million or $2.5 million.

“Ned is pretty amazing,” manager Joe Torre said. “His instincts for the game, I’m very impressed. He’s on top of everything. What he has been able to do as a general manager is pretty damn impressive.”

Colletti also added Vicente Padilla(notes) off baseball’s scrap heap for a prorated share of the $400,000 league minimum. Padilla has given the Dodgers two solid starts within the last week.

TD

Let me get this straight, Ned Colletti GM of the year?

Yeah right!

GM of the Decade