Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Thems dang MoVal Tornados actin' up again..

Default Thems dang MoVal Tornados actin' up again..

You know how it goes out here in the boondocks. We get it all!
    You might remember Matt D going through a tornado last year in Moreno Valley. A pretty big one at that!

Got hit by another one today on the freeway heading to Home Depot!
    Thing came out of nowhere. All the sudden all the cars on the freeway were stopping and I say stuff flying everywhere in the air. Looked like a fire at first cause the air was so dark but then I realized the darkness was a twisting funnel cloud! Stuff was literally flying everywhere! Had to pull over on the freeway and get a pic. Everyone else was pulled over too cause stuff was slamming in to everyone's cars!

Craziness! You heard it here first. Lightning and rain followed what was a nice day juts minutes before! I get off the freeway and make two lefts to Home Depot right there and the front of the store had been hit by the tornado too! Tons of merchandise had fallen over and stuff inside the store was flying everywhere I guess. lol. I rolled up and everyone looked jumbled and wide eyed like.. well.. they just went through a tornado.

I love those things.
    Here's some prons.

Look closely! I'm about to be in the tornado as it crosses the 60fwy and I'm on an exit offramp. This was a phone pic so give me a break. You can see the way of debris being thrown around just before I Went in the tornado! My car is trashed from dirt and rocks and trash. Definitely needs a detail job!

The store entrance of the home depot all trashed. Lots more stuff was fell than in the picture too! even some stuff inside the store. You can see the big dark cloud in the distance that nailed us all! lol Crazy man

Tornado or Sun Devil?

"dust" devil. or "dirt" never heard of sun b4 but those things get nuts in the dezert where i go. completly trashed my 12 man tent. 1rst time using it to.... there goes 100 bucks haha.

Heard on the news that it WAS a small tornado followed by a lightning storm.....crazy weather

That was pretty wild. I got off the water at Perris just in time. It was dead calm and muggy hot all morning. I could see the thunder clouds building over the mountains. The clouds hit the lake at 2pm just as I got the tube in but it was still calm. While loading the gear I saw what I thought was smoke moving in. Less than a minute after that we got hit by the WALL of WIND and DUST. It was like a instant hurricane out there.

I had to drive home in it but eventually got ahead of it. I had about 20 minutes to get things ready at home before it hit there. Luckily it wasn't as bad at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying View Post
    While loading the gear I saw what I thought was smoke moving in. Less than a minute after that we got hit by the WALL of WIND and DUST. It was like a instant hurricane out there.
    Good way to describe it. I saw a huge wall of dust. I thought it was the smoke from the fires or something. Then all the sudden a freakin tornado was like 300 yards in front of me stoppin' cars on the freeway and my jaw hit the floorboard. Freakin little F1's on the Fujita scale come rippin' through this town on an annual basis now.

Take note:
    those trees knocked over in the picture are BIG and HEAVY in 20-30-40 gallon pots! The size of dudes truck in the picture! Not easy for just your average dude to walk right up and tip ALL those over like that. lol they got nailed.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 09-03-2009 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    "dust" devil. or "dirt" never heard of sun b4 but those things get nuts in the dezert where i go. completly trashed my 12 man tent. 1rst time using it to.... there goes 100 bucks haha.
    I thinks thats what he means by Sun Devil is that you often find those dirt devils in hot sun out in the desert. They form from updrafting hot air sitting next to downdrafting cool air or hot updrafts moving over cold areas of land.

Ya dood I gotta take the honda to the coin wash with a bucket of quarters and get busy on it now. That lil storm trashed the car. Thing is caked in water spotted dust.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 09-03-2009 at 05:19 AM.

saw them comin in on my way home. perris, hemet area looked scary. got wind in south county but nothing like that.

the GOOD news is california tornadoes are seldom strong enough to do much damage.