Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers get Jim Thome!!!

Default Dodgers get Jim Thome!!!

Wow!!! That adds a lot more power to the lineup!

Default you are fast beat me to it

the bench is looking strong

Ya, and I just saw they got Jon Garland too.

And the Rockies got Contreras that will help the doyers too...!!!!

Jim Thome, class act even though some of you haters called him a FAT softball hitter............

Fuller, 26, was the Dodgers 11th round pick in 2006, and is hitting .254-.340-.418 in 205 at-bats for High Class-A Inland Empire.
    This is what we gave up for him,.

I'm waiting for TD to chime in......

troutdog

Quote:

As far as "not worth the money he is being paid"....what percentage of players in the MLB do you think that applies to each season? More than 65-70%? Zito, Vlad, Giambi, Abreu, Delgado, Pettitte, Thome all come to mind this season thus far.

Very interesting acquisition in Thome, regardless of my mentioning him earlier in the season as underachieving based on salary(as many players do) I have always liked Thome....often gracing the roster of my fantasy baseball teams in years past.

It is going to be interesting to see what kind of role he plays though, I assume he is primarily going to pinch hit. Will he start a few games against against select pitching matchups regardless of his defensive liability? Great DH should we make it to the world series though! I certainly don't see Loney as the odd man out by any means, a nice pick up for the stretch run regardless!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Very interesting acquisition in Thome, regardless of my mentioning him earlier in the season as underachieving based on salary(as many players do) I have always liked Thome....often gracing the roster of my fantasy baseball teams in years past.

It is going to be interesting to see what kind of role he plays though, I assume he is primarily going to pinch hit. Will he start a few games against against select pitching matchups regardless of his defensive liability? Great DH should we make it to the world series though! I certainly don't see Loney as the odd man out by any means, a nice pick up for the stretch run regardless!

TD
    TD Great point should we make the big show big bat at the american lg park

They should call the Dodgers - LA ex-Indians.

And the Giants got Brad Penny.......THAT should Slow 'Em down..... .....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast