Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google = Fail, Braid and Rod Guides ??

I really don't use braid anyways on the crucial just wanted to point it out.... I also took it to bps (because a guide broke,my fault) and they told me that no one warranties their guides.... It accidentally broke so I got a new one....lol....

No one warrantys broken guides but they might handle premature wear on guide rings.

It's not just braids that can wear down guides. I remember my first salt setup that got years and years of usage and that showed grooving from mono.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    Braid may be rough on some guides as said.... I used braid on my Shimano Crucial and the line passing through it sounded horrible and you could see marks of braid too.... I only use braid on my carrot stix because they have titanium guides....
    True, some guides create a bit more noise with braid depending on where you fish, but that's just one of the things you have to get used too. Shouldn't bee too loud or annoying though. I personally don't have an E21, but I've heard nothing positive about their guides. They look like crap, groove easily, flimsy, etc. Titanium is normally used for guide frames rather than rings though. Most manufacturers nowadays use a ceramic insert I.E. alconite, hardloy, SIC, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    I really don't use braid anyways on the crucial just wanted to point it out.... I also took it to bps (because a guide broke,my fault) and they told me that no one warranties their guides.... It accidentally broke so I got a new one....lol....
    So it worked huh?

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    No one warrantys broken guides but they might handle premature wear on guide rings.

It's not just braids that can wear down guides. I remember my first salt setup that got years and years of usage and that showed grooving from mono.
    I smashed a guide on my Compre by stepping on it(incidental of course) and the Irvine Warehouse replaced it no questions. I had to wait a day for processing, but they didn't have the 10-20 7' crank model I had before, so I opted for the 8-17 7'. They said I could have any Compre on their catalog though. My new one had a ring pop out of the tip so if they don't replace it, I might accidentally hook up to a 100lb bat and hope it doesn't snap my rod in half. It's a bit too light for my liking anyways.

Very true, mono builds up more heat than almost any other line and when fighting a long running fish such as rays and tuna, cheap guides are very prone to grooving.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    True, some guides create a bit more noise with braid depending on where you fish, but that's just one of the things you have to get used too. Shouldn't bee too loud or annoying though. I personally don't have an E21, but I've heard nothing positive about their guides. They look like crap, groove easily, flimsy, etc. Titanium is normally used for guide frames rather than rings though. Most manufacturers nowadays use a ceramic insert I.E. alconite, hardloy, SIC, etc.

So it worked huh?

</p>
    I don't know man but that rod is pretty impressive for what it is and the price too. I love it, has almost the perfect action I want. Also, the crucial thing was long ago but it may break again? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12