Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job at Shimano

Default Job at Shimano

Regional Sales Manager Location: Irvine Division: Fish Division
    Shimano American Corporation is a leader in the bike and fishing industries; with distribution locations on each coast and several subsidiaries throughout the US. We are currently seeking a talented sales professional for our fishing division.

Job Summary:

This position entails working within a sales management team with responsibilities for direct sales to US dealer base and distribution partners. These efforts will require working with independent sales representatives in managing regional distributor and retail accounts as well as regional marketing funds, sales logistics and customer service.

Principal Responsibilities:

Territory Management
    • Creating and maintaining monthly sales forecast for sales territories and key accounts.
    • Developing relationships with key retailers and distributors to identifying sales trends, creating promotions, managing inventory and reporting competitor info.
    • Travel is required to make sales calls, work with sales representative, attend trade and consumer shows

Forecasting and Inventory Management
    • Develop monthly and yearly sales forecasts for territories and key accounts.
    • Work with sales and planning teams in developing a monthly inventory strategy to insure timely delivery of all products and achieve end of month inventory goals.
    • Identifying inventory opportunities for sales and marketing plans to increase both distribution and sales.

Sales Reporting
    • Reporting daily, weekly and monthly sales results to Management
    • Presenting territory and key account results at weekly and monthly sales meetings

Qualifications:

• Five years sales experience
    • Three years sales management experience
    • Proven skills forecasting and budgeting
    • Effective presentation skills
    • Strong writing, organizational, and problem solving skills
    • Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks
    • Ability to meet deadlines
    • Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
    • Bachelors degree preferred

Shimano offers above average benefits including health and wellness, medical and dental, 401(K) and pension and so much. If you match the qualifications we seek please submit an updated and relevant resume, with salary requirements to: jobs@shimano.com. EOE, no calls please.

do they need testers for the fishing dept...tried gynocoligy but got tired of taking my work home with me...lolol...

this is a good opportunity for anyone with some sales experience

Sounds like a good job for Jimmy .

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Sounds like a good job for Jimmy .
    No dude get a resume in and apply!! Ditch the daaamn unemployment

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    No dude get a resume in and apply!! Ditch the daaamn unemployment

I don't have the experiance for that job. I am actively looking for a job . Unemployment Ins. is just in case I don't find work right away. And from what I saw today .

I don't have the experiance for that job. I am actively looking for a job . Unemployment Ins. is just in case I don't find work right away. And from what I saw today .

Trust me dude there are tons of jobs out there. People are getting replaced. Get a property and casualty license, sell insurance.call local tackle stores. Check out some retail stores,Ross, Petco, and maybe even BPS. car sales are starting to go up again? If you are serious about getting a job,submit a minimum of 10 resumes a day. I know you have friends here, maybe Dana knows someone? Ghetto dad?

Dont ever think you dont qualify for something because of your lack of knowledge in that field. Just apply and get in a interview,the key will be to get in there faces and show them what your about!

What Mike said - just apply for anything and everything! If you need a personal reference, put me down on your resume!

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    Trust me dude there are tons of jobs out there. People are getting replaced. Get a property and casualty license, sell insurance.call local tackle stores. Check out some retail stores,Ross, Petco, and maybe even BPS. car sales are starting to go up again? If you are serious about getting a job,submit a minimum of 10 resumes a day. I know you have friends here, maybe Dana knows someone? Ghetto dad?

Dont ever think you dont qualify for something because of your lack of knowledge in that field. Just apply and get in a interview,the key will be to get in there faces and show them what your about!

Good advice. I will back up and going soon enough. Thanks WARRIORMIKE .

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    What Mike said - just apply for anything and everything! If you need a personal reference, put me down on your resume!

Thanks Sue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast