Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun

Default Just for fun

Post your fav. TM65 story of me while working at Irvine lake. I know there are many a story out there. Some good some bad. This is just for fun so keep it light and have fun.

Ok I'll go first. These storys are true and really happened.

These 3 guys I caught with over there limit of trout while fishing in Sierra Cove last trout Season. I warned them about going over there limits and told them about the second limit passes. They had been drinking all day. So make a long story short my life was threatened many times by two of these guys. They tryed to provoke me and I just stood my ground. All in a days work at the lake. That was a good one.

Another time more recently during this CATFISH Season, Three guys were fishing on the road for CATFISH and one guy ( A HUGE Dude ) pushed the other guy infront of a car going down the road. I heard yelling and proceded to go defuse the problem. The Pro Team were there and was witness to this . I went up to the big guy ( Six foot fourty and 350 at least) and told him that they have to leave the Park. He was still cussing at the other guy and I told him if he said one more word I was going to have the Sheriff come and take then to jail. He shut up and the two of them left the park with no further words.

I tell you one thing, I never backed down and did my job at the lake and no one can take that from me.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 08-24-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Ok I'll go first. These storys are true and really happened.

These 3 guys I caught with over there limit of trout while fishing in Sierra Cove last trout Season. I warned them about going over there limits and told them about the second limit passes. They had been drinking all day. So make a long story short my life was threatened many times by two of these guys. They tryed to provoke me and I just stood my ground. All in a days work at the lake. That was a good one.
    Was that the limit of fish that wound up all over the cafe floor?

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 08-24-2009 at 05:25 PM.

WOW I have a bunch of good ones that make me laugh when I think about it....

Hitts, MvW and I still get a kick out of the time you pointed from the far end of the flats towards the West Shore in describing a good spot and you said very matter of factly..... "you see that hill right there"

-watching your reaction when you saw an unauthorized vehicle on "your road" going down to the West Shore

-hearing you in the security boat doing figure 8s over the previous night's trout stock at 5am, much to the dismay of Team Phenix

-trying to police Omar "2QuickLabonte" Motorwerks racing to the tip of Trout Island,

-the Space monkey saga

-195lbs of bbq'd tri-tip

-the brown trout you caught

-the birth of "Not Cool Bro"

- your ATV adventure

- hooking up on your first cast on a plastic fishing with Timster and the crew after work that one afternoon in boat dock cove

- busting O_L after the berkeley demo

- your reaction to NoHo Art lifting the lid on your webber grill

....and my all time favorite line......"I'm a little parched"

I could continue

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 08-24-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Was that the limit of fish that wound up all over the cafe floor?

TD

Yes, They ended up throwing the whole cooler full of fish at me and Nick. I was glad Nick was there. Becuse no one would of believed me about these guys.

When they first started the Quagga inspections. Arriving at the Lake and seeing what seemed like hundreds of people. I was feeling anxious because I had the Portabote and was worried about having my precious boat combed oer by some haughty ya-hoo and then making it to the check point and seeing you with the friendliest smile this side of the Mississippi. My heart beat slowed and my anxiety went away.
    I don't know the story behind your situation. However, this kind of feels to me as a Dolphins fan like the first season without Marino.
    Or like watching the Colts without Tony Dungy on the sideline.

Like my girl Chaka Khan sang, "I feel for you!"

Santa Fe

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    WOW I have a bunch of good ones that make me laugh when I think about it....

Hitts, MvW and I still get a kick out of the time you pointed from the far end of the flats towards the West Shore in describing a good spot and you said very matter of factly..... "you see that hill right there"

-watching your reaction when you saw an unauthorized vehicle on "your road" going down to the West Shore

-hearing you in the security boat doing figure 8s over the previous night's trout stock at 5am, much to the dismay of Team Phenix

-trying to police Omar "2QuickLabonte" Motorwerks racing to the tip of Trout Island,

-the Space monkey saga

-195lbs of bbq'd tri-tip

-the brown trout you caught

-the birth of "Not Cool Bro"

- your ATV adventure

- hooking up on your first cast on a plastic fishing with Timster and the crew after work that one afternoon in boat dock cove

- busting O_L after the berkeley demo

- your reaction to NoHo Art lifting the lid on your webber grill

....and my all time favorite line......"I'm a little parched"

I could continue

TD

Aaron, I knew you would have many a story but DANG , I got a GOOD LAUGH remembering all those events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEcQS4tXgQ

Memories.....like the corners of my mind,
    misty colored water memories, of the way we were....

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Eric View Post
    When they first started the Quagga inspections. Arriving at the Lake and seeing what seemed like hundreds of people. I was feeling anxious because I had the Portabote and was worried about having my precious boat combed oer by some haughty ya-hoo and then making it to the check point and seeing you with the friendliest smile this side of the Mississippi. My heart beat slowed and my anxiety went away.
    I don't know the story behind your situation. However, this kind of feels to me as a Dolphins fan like the first season without Marino.
    Or like watching the Colts without Tony Dungy on the sideline.

Like my girl Chaka Khan sang, "I feel for you!"

Santa Fe

Thanks Eric. I'll be ok. Thanks for sharing your story. Hope to fish with you this trout Season or on the Salt sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEcQS4tXgQ

Memories.....like the corners of my mind,
    misty colored water memories, of the way we were....

Hey Rich,( Remember that I am the last person on the planet to still be on dial up service. ) is that a song ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast