Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sunday 8/23 Evening Session - Poachers Sighting... Are You Serious?!?

WOW.....I've been out of the loop here on the FNN due to some MAJOR laptop problems but now I'm back. This thread is amazing I must say. Arthur post up some nice fish "Congrats to ya buddy" and people just go off in all directions as far as the poaching is concerned. I've seen it so many times here on the FNN and I'm still amazed how people can try their hardest to justify breaking the law. Instead of all of the BS and totally out of perspective opinions ........ Let us not forget that the men who were poaching were definately not starving since Arthur told me that the man in the picture was kinda chunky with a beer belly and the others (including two young daughters) were out right overweight!
    Arthur also didn't mention any race either but a few members had to just go there. He tried to share with us his experience and frustration when he TRIED to do the right thing and didn't get into a major confrontation when he was clearly out numbered and outweighed also.....LOL
    In my opinion....For what it's worth......He did the most honorable,legal and just plain smart thing he had the power to do.
    For crying out loud.......The poachers were VERY aware that what they were doing was illegal. One guy told Arthur to NOT take pictures. And then claimed to NOT speak english. They had their little girls down there with coolers and approached this area under the cloak of pending darkness at sunset. All carefully planned poaching.....PERIOD!
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A FIGHT FOR RIGHTS....A FIGHT FOR FREEDOM....A NEED TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OR ANY OF THE OTHER TANGENTS THE FNN MEMBERS WENT OFF ON.
    Simply amazing.......
    Arthur my friend........You had a very decent few hours in the surf and congrats to you my friend. The little WSB is KEWL dude. We all know that the system has some major flaws and you exposed how frustraiting it is to be proactive in the name of the laws that we ALL should abide by.
    Keep up the good work buddy and hopefully I will have your back next time and we will teach them a lesson they will never forget. I already have a plan. That place can't handle this kind of poaching and I know that Marc and his dad will help also. God....imagine how many short flatties they could have snatched also! All we need are the numbers for the local law enforcement and a few people and we will wrap it up.
    I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS!!!!!
    All we have to do is hang out there later than usual like you did. I'm sure that they will come back......This will be fun!
    Last edited by bones; 09-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    WOW.....I've been out of the loop here on the FNN due to some MAJOR laptop problems but now I'm back. This thread is amazing I must say. Arthur post up some nice fish "Congrats to ya buddy" and people just go off in all directions as far as the poaching is concerned. I've seen it so many times here on the FNN and I'm still amazed how people can try their hardest to justify breaking the law. Instead of all of the BS and totally out of perspective opinions ........ Let us not forget that the men who were poaching were definately not starving since Arthur told me that the man in the picture was kinda chunky with a beer belly and the others (including two young daughters) were out right overweight!
    Arthur also didn't mention any race either but a few members had to just go there. He tried to share with us his experience and frustration when he TRIED to do the right thing and didn't get into a major confrontation when he was clearly out numbered and outweighed also.....LOL
    In my opinion....For what it's worth......He did the most honorable,legal and just plain smart thing he had the power to do.
    For crying out loud.......The poachers were VERY aware that what they were doing was illegal. One guy told Arthur to NOT take pictures. And then claimed to NOT speak english. They had their little girls down there with coolers and approached this area under the cloak of pending darkness at sunset. All carefully planned poaching.....PERIOD!
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A FIGHT FOR RIGHTS....A FIGHT FOR FREEDOM....A NEED TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OR ANY OF THE OTHER TANGENTS THE FNN MEMBERS WENT OFF ON.
    Simply amazing.......
    Arthur my friend........You had a very decent few hours in the surf and congrats to you my friend. The little WSB is KEWL dude. We all know that the system has some major flaws and you exposed how frustraiting it is to be proactive in the name of the laws that we ALL should abide by.
    Keep up the good work buddy and hopefully I will have your back next time and we will teach them a lesson they will never forget. I already have a plan. That place can't handle this kind of poaching and I know that Marc and his dad will help also. God....imagine how many short flatties they could have snatched also! All we need are the numbers for the local law enforcement and a few people and we will wrap it up.
    All we have to do is hang out there later than usual like you did. I'm sure that they will come back......This will be fun!

Mike you hit in right on the nail like you allways do poachers are the worst esp when they are getting numbers like that with a throw net who knows how many times they go out there a week and what time they leave..... I am still pissed Mike when i saw that guy keep those small calicos of the jetty i wanted to cut the rest of his missing fingers off.

Bigred

Dude Arthur, you're a beast.

LOL at the overweight poachin females....

this is why I carry a length of garden hose and motorcycle chain....try it next time, it'll save ya time on hold on the phone..

sometimes a lesson needs to be administered...nothing like a harsh lesson to make them remember...to the woodshed we take them back where I come from ...ha ha ha...
    sad ..............theres always a diamond jig justice approach as well...I taught a couple of smart alec marines on a Katareram boat once this way...through the sail it went....and to the shore they went afterwards cryin in the rain....it didnt present a problem at all afterwards...

congrats on some action...nice....next outing will be more pleseant I'm sure : )

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Somebody got swamped by a wave, and somebody is wearing a wetsuit.... why does this sound familiar? Looks like you two had a fun time in the surf, and I wish I could have been there. When you fish with the S.W.A.T, it's always a good time!

Too bad about the washing machine conditions, but they should have settled down by next week. At least that's what I am telling myself since Sunday will be my last surf mission for a long time.

Thanks for the update, and fight on! Learned that and a few other interesting Trojan facts when I toured USC a few weeks ago.

Arthur, I'll prepare an argument for you over this coming week. You can keep your set up, I just want to see if I can persuade you with my debating skills!
    Yeah, I told Mike that he pulled a "BSP" move.
    Nice chatting with you this week. I'm glad that you're 100% well again... get ready for our Monday session.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    Thanks for the 2nd report Arthur, Man that sucks about the big wave that hit em but i would be laughing my *** off if i saw that and if that was me that got hit. That was a nice fast cool down Mike and prob woke you up nice job on the few flatfish.lol

Bigred
    It was a boring day until that happened Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by santaro36 View Post
    Aung San Suu Kyi - Nobel Peace Prize 1991-human rights defender and political activist.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/12/wo...ia/12reax.html
    One of many jailed activists in Myanmar.

Gao Zhisheng - Chinese lawyer known for taking on civil rights cases. Disbarred, detained, and tortured by government police. Taken from home early this year and currently missing. It is said that he is or has undergone severe torture.

There are many, many more that fight for human rights that are unknown and unnamed. These are just two.

On a lighter note:
    http://www.pawnation.com/2009/08/06/...e-gets-ticket/
    Hopefully he wasn't endangering other drivers.
    Your efforts has been handsomely rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by TShaffer View Post
    Very well done! I was looking for current examples but an exceptional effort... PM sent.

During my freshmen year at my High School my sister drove me to school because neither of my parents had the time to drive me or pick me up when school was out. My sister had not had her license for a full year so it was tecnically illegal for her to drive me to school and take me home after. In my opinion it was not wrong of her to do this for me.

Now that I'm a junior I can drive myself to school but I have not had my license for a full year. Our school does not have enough parking for juniors so we help each other out by giving each other rides from the parking lot about a mile away from school so that we don't have to walk and risk being late for school. This in my opinion is also not wrong.

I have also heard about Christianity being illegal in some countries. Brave missionaries do spread the word of God in these countries and risk their own lives so that even just one person can hear the Good News. In my opinion spreading God's word is not wrong anywhere no matter what any law says.

These are a few exapmles that have been part of my life and are not wrong in my opinion anyway. But if you think about it another way there are also things that are wrong but not illegal. Snagging is one of those things that is wrong in my opinion but not illegal.

P.S. Where could one find those report poacher shirts?
    In my opinion spreading God's word is not wrong anywhere no matter what any law says.
    I agree with this statement.
    Send Dana (Fisherman 57) a PM regarding how to purchase the shirt. They were available at the Legends III event.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Simply amazing.......
    Thanks for your input Mike... I knew we'd be on the same page.
    When I called you today & you didn't immediately returned the call... I knew that you were out in the surf somewhere. There I was, stuck at work while you were busy farming legal Flatties. Sorry buddy, couldn't resist. My turn tomorrow slaying Linesides with T/O and Blackwater... then let's see if we can find some of those legals that you lost on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    this is why I carry a length of garden hose and motorcycle chain....try it next time, it'll save ya time on hold on the phone..

sometimes a lesson needs to be administered...nothing like a harsh lesson to make them remember...to the woodshed we take them back where I come from ...ha ha ha...
    sad ..............theres always a diamond jig justice approach as well...I taught a couple of smart alec marines on a Katareram boat once this way...through the sail it went....and to the shore they went afterwards cryin in the rain....it didnt present a problem at all afterwards...

congrats on some action...nice....next outing will be more pleseant I'm sure : )
    That's all I need... is to get sued for assault and put money in their pockets. What goes around comes around... they'll get theirs somewhere down the road.
    BTW - Thanks for the killer Tuna fillets you gave to me at Legends... whatever you marinated it in was fantastic!

*cough* vigilante poacher squad *cough*

Seriously if alot of people would do this, poachers would be alot less common.

GRRRR...thats BS about that Cal Tip line....

Also, just a heads up guys..pretty soon, it wont be required to display your fishing licenses anymore....

Nice report Arthur!! thanks man.....SEABASS AND CALICOS!!!

GD

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    *cough* vigilante poacher squad *cough*

Seriously if alot of people would do this, poachers would be alot less common.
    I vote Smokehound President of the "V.P.S."

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    GRRRR...thats BS about that Cal Tip line....

Also, just a heads up guys..pretty soon, it wont be required to display your fishing licenses anymore....

Nice report Arthur!! thanks man.....SEABASS AND CALICOS!!!

GD
    Yeah Steve, kinda nice to catch two Bass of the right kind from the surf... Missed ya at Legends.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678