Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Two weeks in alaska

Default Two weeks in alaska

Stayed with some family in Palmer Alaska for two weeks, had a great time king salmon fishing was really slow but after a week of standing in the icy water i finally got one . And the one time i needed my camera to work it takes a bury pic.

It went 29 pounds the wait was well worth it.

Picture of Sheep Creek Where i caught the King

I made two trips to the russian river for Red or sockeye salmon. Talk about combat fishing i have never seen so many people fishing in my life, caught my limit both days and seen one huge F*$% ing brown bears. here's an average red salmon.

I got a bonus Dolly Varden at the Keni river

One of the best times i had up there was at Long lake. There were packs of arctic char in the 4-10 pound range that were patrolling the the lake. I threw every thing in my box at them spinners, jigs, spoons it took me two trips to the lakes to find out what they were eating. There was a weird sucker fish spawning in the shallows so i started to throw single salmon eggs and it was on! heres a pic of my uncle with a nice arctic char.

There was a moose that crossed the lake right in front of us.

At the end of my trip we went to Homer Ak for some halibut fishing. didnt get anything big just 20-30 ponders but they tasted great.

Kings Creek no fishing but one hell of a VIEW

Jim Creek it has a good silver run but didnt start till after i left

looks freaking beautiful up there man!!!
    Nice job on the salmon

awesome pics !! looks like a great time in alaska, good job on the king salmon !

Cool pics! Nice catch.[/i][/b]

Nice pictures and glad you had a great time. Sorry about the poor king fishing this year but it was very bad everywhere across the state. One note I would be careful with is that dolly you caught on the Kenai River. You can keep one dolly a day but it has to be under 16 inches and yours was much bigger. The fines can be hefty if caught by Fish and Game....plus they oftimes confiscate your fishing gear....a note for the wise.

just breathtaking!!! thanks for sharing your adventure.

Wow, What a great fishing trip you had. Congrats on the fish you landed. Thanks for sharing