Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SARL 24 hr session turns to just 5 hrs 8-21

Default SARL 24 hr session turns to just 5 hrs 8-21

We were there yesterday with 2 groups. One group of 3 people were just for evening hours. My family (of 4) bought the 24 hours pass.
    We got there 5:20 PM. By 6:30 I already got 6 fish and other group got nothing. By 10 PM we got our limits (15) and other group got only 10. By 10:30~10:45, fish turns up and we got 8 more fish (3 gave away to the guy next door that did not catch any thing all night).
    We ended up going home the same time as my other group which was 11:00 PM.
    The group of people to the left of mine got maybe 10 fish. The people to the right (20_50 yards to the right did not get any. They tried all kind, shrimp. macs, worms, etc.
    We tried shrimp and mashmellow combo at first, and throughout the night, not a single nibble. The ticket was mackerel.
    I guess we were at the love hole.
    My first time at SARL, after 20 years of living nearby and wonder how it is. This was fun and we are definitely coming back.
    Last edited by cklovetofish; 08-31-2009 at 09:45 AM.

nice, pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by cklovetofish View Post
    We tried shrimp and mashmellow combo at first, and throughout the night, not a single nipple.
    Good job on the quick limit. Sorry you didn't get any Nipples. I hate when that happens

Nice going on the CATFISH.

We were there yesterday with 2 groups. One group of 3 people were just for evening hours. My family (of 4) bought the 24 hours pass.
    We got there 5:20 PM. By 6:30 I already got 6 fish and other group got nothing. By 10 PM we got our limits (15) and other group got only 10. By 10:30~10:45, fish turns up and we got 8 more fish (3 gave away to the guy next door that did not catch any thing all night).
    The group of people to the left of mine got maybe 10 fish. The people to the right (20_50 yards to the right did not get any. They tried all kind, shrimp. macs, worms, etc.
    We tried shrimp and mashmellow combo at first, and throughout the night, not a single nipple. The ticket was mackerel.
    My first time at SARL, after 20 years of living nearby and wonder how it is. This was fun and we are definitely coming back.
    Nice catch Enjoy it while u can cause it aint always going to be like that!!

Damn, I need to hit SARL up. Only been there once this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfish0084 View Post
    Good job on the quick limit. Sorry you didn't get any Nipples. I hate when that happens
    Lol...

i think the 24hr tag is 15fish per person that paid for the 24hrs. so 3 guys fishing 24hrs can take 45 fish.

24 hrs only allow 15 fish total (single person or family). Evening period, only 5 fish per person. So we got total of 30 fish.
    We are coming back next Friday for sure. We just got a bunch of fresh mackerels today. Can't wait until then.

We tried shrimp and mashmellow combo at first, and throughout the night, not a single nipple. The ticket was mackerel.

Nice, thanks for the report!
    Sounds like the bite was HOT this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    i think the 24hr tag is 15fish per person that paid for the 24hrs. so 3 guys fishing 24hrs can take 45 fish.

VG,

It's one limit of 15 per paid admission....
    In this case...... one admission is for one family of four ........ limit 15 fish.
    15 fish for $29.95...!!! GREAT DEAL!

i was there last weekend and got a limit in 1hr, i don't eat cats so i put them back and started to fish for blue gill and bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast